Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

When we had shown up to the Loft, Lydia was in a state of shock, leaning against the pillar. The glass roof had been smashed. Lydia was breathing heavily, I was beside her, rubbing her shoulder.

"You did this for me?" Derek asked. Ms. Blake was also here, which is most likely the reason why Lydia was in shock right now.

Cora was beside me.

"For us." Ms. Blake corrected. "For anyone who's ever been their victim."

"Stop talking to me like a politician." He stepped closer. "Stop trying to convince me of your cause!"

"Fine," Ms. Blake agreed. "I'll convince you of someone else's. Scott. You can save his mother, Stiles's father, and Addison's Uncle."

"How?" Derek demanded.

Ms. Blake took a few steps closer, slowly closing the gap between them. "I need a guardian, and that's a role that can either be filled by the three parents I was forced to take or by you."

I moved closer to Cora and she moved closer to me carefully. Derek didn't move an inch. "I can't help you," Derek tells her strongly. "I'm not even an Alpha anymore."

"All I need is for you to help me get Deucalion in the right place at the right time," Ms. Blake makes eye contact with Derek.

"You killed four of them on your own," Derek pointed out. "What do you need me for?"

Ms. Blake shakes her head. "You haven't seen him at his strongest. I have. If he's got Scott with him, I don't stand a chance unless I have you."

"Derek, don't trust her." I plead, my eyes beginning to water. I felt Cora rub my back gently.

"I have the eclipse in my favour," Ms. Blake continued. "But the moon's only gonna be in the Earth's umbral shadow for 15 minutes that's the extent of my window. There's no decision to struggle with. Help me kill him, and the others live. Just help me."

Derek nodded. "Okay."

"Derek, no," my voice wavered and I walked over to him. "I just got you back into my life."

Derek looked at me softly, giving me a small smile. "I'll be okay. I'll be back, I promise."

I pressed my lips together and blinked back the tears. "Please, don't promise that."

He pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back, feeling overwhelmed. "Too late." He kissed the top of my head. He pulled away from the hug and I stand there, completely frozen. He sends Ms. Blake a cold hard glare. "Lets go," his voice had completely changed and he had turned around and left.

Just like that.

I had unfrozen and turned around to Lydia and Cora. "Guys, we can get help," Cora tells her as she helped her pick her up. I looked down at the twins.

"From who?" She questions shakily.

"I don't know, but we can't stay here." Cora decided. That's when one of the twins had morphed out from their twin. We all turned around and it was Ethan who had survived.

We run to the twins and bend down. "They're alive."

"Deaton," I tell them. "Deaton will know what to do."

——

"Cora, grab that table." We had gone to Deaton and he gladly helped us. Aiden was on one of the tables and Ethan was carried by Deaton. Cora had quickly brought out the table and Deaton had laid Ethan on it.