Chapter Four

Chapter Four

It was late at night, I was helping Uncle Chris with shopping for food. I picked out what Allison and I liked for him.

We stand in the car park outside, I held one bag while he held the other two. He took out his keys from his pocket but dropped a bag with the eggs in the process.

Uncle Chris lets out a sigh. "It has to be the one with the eggs." Uncle Chris unlocks the boot and places the shopping into the boot, I placed the last bag in as well.

I picked up the bag on the ground. Uncle Chris closes the boot and suddenly, he turned around, sticking one arm out in front of me, stepping back, with a gun pointed at Scott who was behind us.

Uncle Chris sighed again. "Uh, hi." Scott awkwardly said. Scott then explained the situation with Derek how one of his betas were on the lose and the other being his sister.

"First of all, why would I care anyone related to Derek?" Uncle Chris started. "And second, I don't know this kid Boyd. I don't even know his last name."

"Boyd is his last name," Scott informed us, making me cock my head.  What the hell is his first name?

"What's his first name?" Uncle Chris asked for me.

"Vernon," Scott replies. "And just curious, is there a reason the gun is still pointed at me?"

Uncle Chris hesitated. "Well, there's probably still some part of me that wants to shoot you,"

Scott nods his head. "I get that."

Uncle Chris sighed and puts the gun back in his pocket. Uncle Chris stepped forward. "Scott, I watched my father brainwash my daughter... Almost turned her into a killer. That world... Your world decimated mine. My wife, my sister's, father, my entire family. Why would I ever step foot in it again?"

"Because people are going to die," Scott explained. "And because you know how to catch Boyd and Cora without killing them."

"I'm sorry," Uncle Chris whispered. "I can't help you." Uncle Chris then turned around and placed a hand on my shoulder and begins to guide me away from Scott.

"Um..." Scott hums. Uncle Chris and I turned around. "Do you think you could do me, like, one little, tiny favour?"

Uncle Chris gestured that Scott can come with us and I immediately got in the back and scooted over to the middle seat.

A few minutes later, Uncle Chris asks if we go left or straight. Scott said left and we ended up being at the public pool.

At the scene, there were paramedics and police cars. I noticed there was a guy in the stretcher, possibly dead which made my heart pound at the thought. Two parents were looking at their son.

"Thanks again for the ride," Scott tells him. But, Uncle Chris placed a hand on Scott, stopping him from moving.

"They did this?" Uncle Chris asks. "Boyd and..."

"Cora." Scott finished.

Uncle Chris looked at Scott. "Where's the last place you saw them?"

——

I ended up coming on this little adventure, much to Derek's dismay. There was another kid, Isaac, with us as we are now in the woods.

Uncle Chris had dropped a duffle bag. "You're tracking them by print?"

"Trying to," Scott answered.

"Well, then, you've been wasting your time," Uncle Chris tells them. "There's only one creature on earth that can visually track footprints, and that's man. And if you're not trained like me, you have no idea that this print is Boyd," he points to some prints on the ground. "And these..."