Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

"Philosophers?" Stiles asks my cousin on the phone as we were in his Jeep, I was in the passenger seat, Cora sat in the back.

"And guardians... Which, after last night, has to mean something, like, law enforcement, right?" Allison continues. She reckons the next people that are gonna be taken is involved with guardians. "Stiles, you have to tell your dad. Tell him whatever you need, but you have to get him to believe. Tell your dad. Warn him."

"Okay, okay, okay. I know." Stiles looked rather annoyed that it had to come to this.

"What are you gonna do?" Cora asks in the backseat.

Stiles sighed. "I'm gonna tell him the truth..." He looked back at Cora. "And I'm gonna need your help."

——

We had finally made it back to the Stilinski's house. This is my first time ever being here, heck, it's my first time being in a boy's room.

Stiles was freaking out. He is pacing around his room, muttering things out, while Cora and I sat on his bed. I sat cross-legged, watching him.

And it was very awkward with Sheriff Stilinski in his uniform with his arms crossed, watching his son also.

"Stiles?" Sheriff Stilinski speaks, rather impatiently.

"Dad, I'm sorry, okay? I'm just... I'm trying to... I'm just trying to figure out how to start, here..." Stiles apologises, trying to gather his thoughts.

"Is Addison pregnant with your baby?" Sheriff Stilinski points to me, leaning forward slightly. My eyes widen and so does Stiles. Cora only chuckled.

Glad she finds this amusing.

"What?!" Stiles cried out. "No! God, no! We're not even dating!" Stiles made an inhuman sound, throwing his arms about.

"Hey, I don't have this kind of time." Sheriff Stilinski tells him, raising an eyebrow.

"Um..." Stiles begins. "For the last year, you've had all these cases that you couldn't figure out, right? I mean, all the murders involving Kate Argent, and then Matt killing all the people that drowned him, and all these murders right now! It's like- It's like you've been playing a losing game."

Sheriff Stilinski sighed. "Stiles, the last thing I need right now is a job performance review from my own son-"

"I know, okay?" Stiles says anxiously. "See, but that's... That's just it, Dad." Stiles had walked over and grabbed a chess board game. "The- the reason that you're losing the game is 'cause you've never been able to see the whole board." He placed down the game on the table. "I need to show you the whole board."

——

"Scott and Derek are Werewolves?" Sheriff Stilinski asks, overwhelmed as he looked down at the chess game that Stiles had set out, then with labels he had labelled all the werewolves, and animals, and every other supernatural creature they have been in contact with, on the chess players that sat on the board.

"Yes!" Stiles lets out a sigh, after explaining almost everything to him. Which is honestly insane, they've been through so much already together, with my family, Derek's family, just... Everything is insane.

"And Kate Argent, Addison's Aunt, was a Werewolf?" Sheriff Stilinski questions, looking over at me.

I shake my head. "No, no. She was a Hunter, the purple one? See that?" I point to the purple note that meant Hunters. "That means Hunter."

"Along with Allison and her father," Cora added knowingly.

"Does that make you a Hunter?" Sheriff Stilinski frowns.