01. 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘢 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘺 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘦

- 𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊: 𝟏𝟐 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 -

the rays of the morning sun sipped in through the blinds, reflecting a nice yellow color inside the room. birds singing melodious madrigals and flying off with the fluttering of their wings. soft thuds of feet padding downstairs indicating the start of a busy day as the scent of fresh, brewed black coffee lingered inside the particularly silent rooms, emitting a soundless yawn from a certain young male.

he squinted his eyes to get adjusted to his surroundings and sat up suddenly but only to groan when his head starts to pound. he rested against the headboard, the soft material of his sleeves rubbed against his tired and puffy eyes as another yawn threatened to escape his mouth.

the male soon stood up and went directly to the bathroom as he did his routine and take a nice shower. when finished, he went to his closet and grabbed a fresh set of clothes, now stripping his spongebob pajamas and changing into a pair of ripped jeans, plain white v-neck shirt and a pair of black converse.

he quickly went down the stairs to fill his empty stomach, following the scent of waffles coated with honey. when he arrived there, he immediately smiled upon seeing his hyung, seokjin, wrapped in his pink apron whilst cooking today's breakfast.

"good morning seokjin hyung!" he greeted happily, though his voice seemed to be hoarse and raspy as he just woke up.

"good morning taehyung-ah. have a seat, i'll serve this right away." the elder replied.

taehyung muttered a 'thank you' and went to sit on one of the stools, mouth watering upon the delicious treat. he's really grateful because of his hyung, though they were not related by blood, seokjin took care of him since diapers and acting all motherly when he was hurt.

he smiled when food was served right in front of him, immediately starting to chew and gnaw upon the heavenly taste and moaning in delight.

"this is the best hyung!"

seokjin chuckled upon the childish act but nonetheless thanked the younger. taehyung finished his breakfast and drank some strawberry milk, now feeling full and energized. he waved seokjin a goodbye and went outside.

people—hunters rather—were scattered everywhere, some were carrying heavy loads of bamboo whilst some carried equipment tools. he noticed that the people were working on some kind of a barrier between their small, humble village and the woods.

taehyung looked for his father and found the man sitting on a bench and observing the ruckus after him.

"papa!"

"taehyung-ah, my son. come sit." the man replied with a smile on his face, wrinkles showing as a sign of getting older as each day passed by as he watched his son sit beside him.

"what going on?" taehyung asked.

"i requested the men to create them so we won't be bothered by those hungry creatures ever again. someone reported that their son went missing the night before and i'm guessing that those wolves took him," he paused for a second. "i ought maybe making a barrier may bring peace to us."

"but how can i go to the woods? you know i like to go there everyday!"

"i guess that needs to stop, taehyung. i've told you countless of times to not go there. its really dangerous."

"but i'm not hurt," stated taehyung.

"you'll regret it once it happens to you." the man sighed, not in the mood to argue with his son. the man now stood up and rubbed taehyung's shoulder before walking away.

—————

on the other side of the forest, there lies the pack of the most feared and mighty wolves, the corona pack. the pack had the history of gruesome attacks, starting from the great ruler of this pack back in the 70s and way back ancient times. the pack showed no fear and mercy to those who defy them, not letting anyone take their freedom. the pack had the greatest and most outstanding head alphas, marking them as top in the chain. (a/n: don't judge, i wrote the draft of this chapter two years ago (nov 2017) and when i published the book (this march), i was too lazy to change it because i thought the name suited the pack (corona means crown in spanish and i depicted the pack as the most powerful and respected pack). i swear i didn't mean any harm with the word "corona" ;-; but if you guys want i can change it tho)

but scary and strict as it may seem for others, the pack also has its soft side. the members, despite some having intimidating presence, were kind and loving that contradicts to their wicked-like personas. they were gentle to those members that are fragile, speaks wisdom to those abused and stepped on, spreads versatility to trainings and to the weak. the bond of this pack truly is strong, never letting anyone be left behind along their journey.

the head alpha—oh, the famous true blood alpha—jeon jeongguk, rules the pack. he was just like the other rulers; intimidating, wise and strong but still playful, loving and courteous.

the pack council is currently doing a meeting for the upcoming peace negotiation—err, attack. a camp of hunters nearby, three of them just went beyond their boundary—everyone knew that wolves are territorial—and may or may not caused trouble upon entering their territory, setting some plants ablaze and knocking small warehouses.

"three o'clock in the afternoon, we'll go. it's always us who does this all. let then explain nicely, then we might let them go." then suddenly, jeongguk's face became dark.

"but, dispose those who attempts to hurt us. and maybe, hold captive to some of them. who knows they'll learn their lesson to not mess with us."

"if they want war, we'll give them war." yoongi, jeongguk's cousin said, smirking.

"then it is settled."

—————

that was the first chapter, i hope you enjoyed it!

note: for any confusion, taehyung is 24 while jeongguk is 22. hope that helps!