14. 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘬𝘺

taehyung calmed down a couple of minutes later with the help of jeongguk smothering him with soft whispers of assurances and gentle strokes to the back of his head

although it was still quite surreal for taehyung to have the jeon jeongguk—who supposedly hated his ass up until this time—beside him.

"you done?" jeongguk asked when hiccups turned to tiny sniffles.

taehyung only nodded, not trusting his voice yet to speak. he wiped at his tear streaked face as jeongguk pulled away.

taehyung saw the wet patches on jeongguk's shirt, suddenly feeling guilty.

"sorry for ruining your shirt." said taehyung, voice hoarse from all of the crying.

"i don't mind," jeongguk assured him. "are you feeling any better?"

"yeah."

"that's nice. it's good to pour it out sometimes whenever things get rough." jeongguk flashed him a toothy grin, showing his bunny like teeth.

that's cute.

"y-yeah," taehyung blushed. not used to their close proximity and casual conversations.

taehyung shifted a bit on his seat to create a small distance between them, still wary about what the other might try something on him again.

"taehyung, look." jeongguk began, worry etched on his face. "i know i said a lot of mean things to you."

"hell yeah you did." taehyung muttered sassily, as if teasing the other. jeongguk had this dumbfounded written on his face, like a puppy who had been kicked that had taehyung cackling.

"okay, okay. please do continue."

"i know i said a lot of mean things to you," he repeated. "i know it sounded plain rude and offensive and hurt you multiple times." jeongguk paused, his thick eyebrows furrowing together.

"i just want to apologise for being a total dickhead. i realized that even though my hate for your kind won't vanish completely as we're still haunted by our past," jeongguk reached out for taehyung's hand and held it tight on his own, feeling the soft skin on his as sparks shot up in his veins.

"but i should've given you a chance, even if you're a witch. you're my mate; mates are supposed to accept and love their other half, no matter where they came from." jeongguk took a deep breath.

"i know i failed at that part, but i wanted to show you that i'm willing to give us chance."

taehyung was close to tears again. the amount of sincerity that jeongguk's voice held was tugging on the strings of his heart. joy was bubbling on his chest as he processed the other's words.

"i'm really sorry. i have no excuses." jeongguk muttered as he stared at taehyung's galaxy eyes that he continued to adore from the moment they set their gazes the first time they met.

taehyung knew as he stared at the true blood's eyes that he was dead serious. feeling countless of emotions swirling on his dark orbs.

"i accept your apology, jeon jeongguk." taehyung smiled as he saw his mate's face light up with glee.

taehyung shuffled closer to jeongguk and bumped their foreheads together, noses touching.

how beautiful this moment was for the both of them.

taehyung lunged forward to engulf the true blood in a tight embrace, finding comfort with each other.

"but you have to make it up to me." said taehyung as he pulled away, the sassy tone was back.

a smirk made it's way to jeongguk's handsome face.

"it would be my pleasure, kim taehyung."

for once, they weren't alone. for they had one another. as for once they gazed up the stars that lit up the endless abyss of the night sky, wishing for their significant other to come along.

both scarred by the cruel fate of their past, but found themselves in each other's arms; ready to risk it all for the sake of their undying love that will soon flourish and come upon them.

and somehow, that was everything.

—————

a fluffy short chap! finally the beginning of taekook's relationship