13. 𝘥𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘬 𝘰𝘯 𝘢 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨

taehyung practically ran to his room and shut the door harshly, the sound resonating all over the sullen mood of his chambers

he leaned his back on the door and tried to steady his breathing. his lungs suffocating and his chest on fire.

he slid down against the door and onto the cold floor, falling flat on his bum, wrapping his arms around his legs and buried his head between his knees as he let out the tears he'd been trying to control from overflowing earlier.

he thought he was over that already, but he once again found himself sobbing over those events he didn't want to remind himself of.

he didn't blame yoongi for asking him what happened, not at all. yoongi did deserve an explanation after leaving him without a proper goodbye or clarification for almost three years.

he wanted to tell him, scream at him that what happened was never as simple as they thought it might be.

the extent of these events were enough to leave taehyung in a traumatized and lost state; as if no one was there to help him get rid of the broken pieces of himself that he once walked through and scarred what's helping him be strong as he stood amidst the chaos of the world.

it was never easy to live a life like his- hiding behind his own shadows, waiting for the cat the capture the mouse.

it was never easy.

he hated that he was so weak, so emotional. it made him wary of whom to trust; wary to trust.

his mate may be the one to bring him the love he deserved, but what if that love concealed the true ambition that the other wants to see? to give him his darkest secrets and leave him hanging and hurting once again?

taehyung continued to cry for minutes, sniffled as it continued to tone down.

realization soon dawned upon him, he probably acted rude for running off just like that.

just then, a knock echoed the room.

"taehyung?" taehyung's heart skipped a beat.

it was jeongguk. but why is he here? taehyung figured out that the true blood's intention is to annoy him for the millionth time.

"look," taehyung's voice cracked. "if you're here to spat insults and all those shit, i'm not in the mood." taehyung ran his hand through his hair. " 'm not in the mood to deal with you."

it went silent for a bit, taehyung thought the other left. but he heard that honey voice once again.

"no, i just stopped by because i heard noises..?" jeongguk sounded unsure. then he caught the other's silent 'fuck it.'

"can i come in?"

despite the heavy feeling in taehyung's chest, taehyung's heart danced and did those back flips and side flips.

is this really jeongguk?

"what?" taehyung replied.

"look, i mean it." he paused. "that i'm not here to make fun of you or anything." joengguk sounded serious.

'should he let him in?' taehyung asked himself. the other seemed really sincere.

'okay, okay.'

taehyung stood up from his position, he knees hurting at the sudden stretch. taehyung wiped his remaining tears, he definitely didn't want jeongguk to see his wrecked state.

taehyung opened the door wide and saw jeongguk standing there. taehyung expected jeongguk to instantly barge himself into the room.

but the two just stared at each other awkwardly.

taehyung coughed. "uh, you can come in."

jeongguk finally made his way inside and only stood next to the bed post.

taehyung shut the door and he crawled to his sheet and rested against the headboard as he reached for a pillow to stuff between his chest.

"so... what brings you here?" taehyung finally cut of the silence. he didn't dare look at jeongguk who was standing inches beside him.

though taehyung could feel the true blood's eyes boring on his head, he refused to stare at those dark orbs.

"were you crying?" was all he asked.

"n-no." taehyung answered with a gulp. of course taehyung wasn't dumb to realize that the 'noises' jeongguk heard were his pitiful cries.

"i know you're lying."

"of course you do," taehyung rolled his eyes. "so what if i am? you're gonna pity me? laugh at me?"

taehyung could see jeongguk shaking his head at his peripheral vision.

once again they were engulfed in silence.

taehyung wanted the other to leave so that he could allow himself wallow in sorrow. but jeongguk had other plans.

jeongguk sat down next to taehyung, the bed dipping at the additional weight it fought against with.

jeongguk lifted taehyung's chin up and saw that tears were still at the corner of his pretty eyes (which taehyung darted his eyes to look somewhere besides jeongguk).

jeongguk wiped away the tears with his thumbs that shocked taehyung. jeongguk silently watch him let out another fresh batch of tears that he once again wiped dry.

taehyung felt more emotional. he didn't expect jeongguk to show this caring side of him, feeling that he didn't deserve this treatment at all.

would it hurt to trust jeongguk his broken side?

and that taehyung feared. he didn't know what's up with the other to start acting like the mate he envisioned to be, but he was delighted and thought that probably this was the start of jeongguk's acceptance.

he hopes it is.

with taehyung still stuck in his thoughts, jeongguk pulled taehyung in a warm embrace and his head was buried against the true blood's muscled chest.

taehyung could inhale his cologne that smelled of berries. taehyung could only imagine how good it would be to be able to smell jeongguk if he was a wolf instead. he would gladly bask himself at the scent of the other.

taehyung could feel jeongguk's arms bulging with muscles that held him close, not wanting to let go anytime soon. oh, how taehyung felt that it was so right; to be able to hold the other tight-like the missing pieces of the puzzle were put back on their rightful place; fitted together perfectly.

jeongguk rested his chin upon taehyung's head and rubbed the back of it, stroking his hair lightly.

"it's okay." jeongguk whispered.

taehyung thought that everything was just to much too much for him to handle.

one moment he was crying his heart out of sorrow. but now, it turned into so much more.

he was overwhelmed, to say the least that he started tearing up once again, soaking jeongguk's clothes. but the other seemed totally fine with it. in fact, that urged the other more to hug him tighter, like pouring his unsaid thoughts to him.

will this be the start of their blossoming love that brought further with more than just entitled mates?

taehyung hopes it will.

because once taehyung got used to this feeling, it'll make him more vulnerable. more intoxicated to the feeling of being able to love without any barriers; without the need to be hunted by fear.

but if he's left once more, then maybe he didn't want to fix the shattered pieces of himself ever again.

-----