28. 𝘪'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘦

"ggukie? how much time is left?"

"for what?"

"for, like, the clones to supposedly get me?"

"as if that'll happen," jeongguk rolled his eyes.

"but seriously," taehyung chuckled. "how many more days again?"

"about three, i guess." jeongguk answered bluntly and continuing to work on his remaining papers.

"aww ggukie, what's with the long face?"

"nothing."

taehyung sat up from the couch and made his way to jeongguk, nudging the alpha to stop whatever he's doing so he can sit on his lap.

"i'm suddenly feeling bad for stressing you out more." taehyung whispered, placing his hands on jeongguk's firm chest.

jeongguk sighed and wrapped his arms around taehyung's waist.

"you're not stressing me out baby," jeongguk whispered back. "i'm just frustrated with what's happening."

taehyung gave jeongguk a tight smile.

"but don't worry," jeongguk kissed his forehead. "i'll make sure that they'll be getting what they deserve."

"i want to fight along with you, ggukie." taehyung suggested, hoping that the true blood with agree to his request.

jeongguk shot him a look of disbelief.

"no, taehyung."

"what! why?" taehyung whined.

"we're trying to protect you from them, and then you wanna fight along? to taunt them more?" jeongguk answered harshly.

"ggukie, i just—," taehyung sighed. "i'm their business. if they want me and planning to annihilate the entire pack, then i can't just let them do that while everyone desperately tried to protect the one that caused this." taehyung reasoned out.

"and if that happens, i can't be able to live with that fact that when everything is at destruction, i did nothing." taehyung stared at jeongguk, decision firm.

"please, gguk. let me do this." taehyung said every word with emphasis.

"if i allow you to, what are you gonna do then?" jeongguk raised a brow at him and taehyung was almost distracted at how thick those brows are.

"i-i can use my powers! and heal injured men!" taehyung said proudly.

jeongguk thoroughly thought about taehyung's words. sure, taehyung will be a big help for them, but jeongguk can't risk putting taehyung in danger.

but on the other hand, knowing taehyung's perseverance, if he opposed to his decision, the other would probably just bug him every minute and he had no choice to just comply with his wishes.