𝐄𝐍𝐃; 31. 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶

everyone back home that night was waiting with enthusiasm for the return of the wolves, knowing too well that the pack would most likely win against the clones and that thought kept them wide awake

they cheered as soon as they saw their loved ones and pack members approaching with little to no wounds seen.

but their faces showed no sign of victory despite the lovely atmosphere.

and that is when they smelled the scent of death.

their once blithesome expressions turned into confusion and something so gloomy.

then, their dear alpha entered the scene; face blank and tear streaked as he carried his mate bridal style in his arms.

and it clicked.

taehyung's father, along with jimin, seokjin and hoseok by his side, approached the silent true blood.

the moment they neared jeongguk, jimin and hoseok gasped, seemingly to know what had happened.

jimin began tearing up and seokjin ran perplexed to his side, trying to soothe the crying omega as seokjin tried to figure out why jimin acted that way. when jimin saw yoongi, he gently pushed seokjin off and towards his mate and cried his eyes out.

"jeongguk," taehyung's father, myunhyung, greeted the alpha. "what had happened? why are you—"

"i failed." jeongguk cut him off with a solemn voice.

"what do you mean—"

"i failed to protect him." jeongguk only said as he crouched down and placed his mate on the grassy floor.

"it's my fault and—" jeongguk suddenly choked out as he ducked his head down, curly long hair covering his eyes as if to not show everyone that he's crying—his vulnerable side. "he's gone."

and that's all it took for everyone to prove their suspicions right.

myunhyung sank on his knees, clearly not believing what he heard. despite that, he touched his son's now pale complexion and as soon as he held taehyung's face, he began sobbing.

seokjin too, could not believe it. namjoon only embraced seokjin as they cried.

"i'm sorry, i'm sorry." jeongguk kept apologizing.

they were supposed to be rejoicing for their success.

but instead, they were weeping for losing someone close and precious to their hearts. they had grown so accustomed to the boy helping them with almost everything and by just spreading a positive and vibrant energy that they didn't expect such thing to happen to the boy.

sure the night was young.

but along with the rise of a new tomorrow for the wolves, was another devastating tragedy that tore their hearts once again.