09. 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴

taehyung was not sure how he was at his bed the next morning

he was pretty sure that he slept at the hill. who wouldn't be? the place was indeed relaxing and comfortable.

'maybe jin hyung found me here. i should probably thank him later.'

quite surprised at himself for being in a deep slumber for straight ten hours, but hey, he woke up kind of early anyway.

he also woke up on the good side of the bed.

taehyung dreamed of jeongguk finding him sleeping on top of that hill, carried him way back to the bed, tucked him in, kissed his forehead goodnight and left.

it felt awfully real, though.

but nevertheless, he was quite glad to have interacted with him without the true blood going at his throat; even if that was just a dream.

taehyung went up to the balcony to water his plants the first thing in the morning. even if he can immediately grow flowers and such, he wanted to watch the little sprouts grow in their own cycle and flourish into bright pretty colors.

afterwards, taehyung went downstairs to get himself some tea as he didn't like coffee that much. he also was not in the mood to eat breakfast yet, so having a nice hot beverage to fill his stomach would be fine.

taehyung searched through the mahogany stained cabinets to find what he's looking for.

a lot of jars were labeled as coffee, but sighed in relief when he found a jar of hibiscus tea (thanks to its cranberry color).

he took a pack, put it in his mug and poured steaming hot water, making the scent of the drink fill the air which taehyung found quite soothing.

placing the hot mug on the birch table in the dining room, he pulled the chair and sat down. it would be nice to read a book whilst sipping his tea, but remembered that a lot of his books were back home.

he remembered not finishing the book 'the fault in our stars' by john green. he was halfway through it where hazel and gus are supposed to be in a flight to amsterdam to seek answers from the author, peter van  houten, regarding his book 'an imperial affliction'.

he mainly bought the book so that he'll get giggly and cry his eyes out (he's a sucker for romantic angst books.)

engraved into his thoughts, he didn't notice a certain true blood who just entered the dining room to eat his first meal of the day.

only then he realized when the male sat in front of him, raisin loaf bread in his plate and a drink to what looked like some banana milk.

taehyung found it cute.

the silence wasn't really awkward, but it wasn't comforting either.

taehyung ducked his head down a little and tried to keep the organ in the middle of his chest to calm down, who knows that the other night hear his raging heartbeat.

'only for him, though.'

taehyung was grateful for this moment where jeongguk was not spitting some sort of venom at him.

but then, taehyung suddenly remembered his dream and blushed. he fiddled on his sat and just sipped on his tea so that jeongguk won't suspect anything.

but taehyung wasn't aware that jeongguk had been observing him the moment he set foot on the dining room.

jeongguk watched taehyung squirm around his seat as the shade of red blossomed on his cheeks.

'he wasn't awake when i carried him, right?' jeongguk thought.

jeongguk had no idea why he sat in front of the witch either.

maybe he does know.

jeongguk wanted to tease him by his presence, but he also wanted to get a glimpse of the other's face.

'shit jeongguk, get yourself together. don't give in to your wolf.'

though his mind says otherwise, he couldn't help the feeling of contentment with his mate's presence.

the aroma of the tea and taehyung's scent mingled together that made jeongguk's inside feel relaxed and soothed.

jeongguk was conflicted. to give in to his greatest desires that he'd been craving to come unto him, or to let his rage take over and find the justice that he'd been looking for years ago?

he didn't know what to follow, honestly.

taehyung might not realize, but jeongguk's walls are breaking little by little. and jeongguk was sure to not let the other know.

—————

short chap, but i hope you enjoyed this! more taekook moments coming your way :>