11

ocean breeze

   a breathe of fresh air, that was what she yearned for. she felt like suffocating in her tiny apartment. the walls suddenly tightened around her, the oxygen became a scarce resource. she impulsively got in her car and drove. far away. the engine surprisingly took her to the ocean.
she stayed for hours, onto the sweet and gilded sand, her lungs welcoming the salty breeze that gently moved strands of hair. her eyes never left the sight of the waves crashing on the shore, sending in the air sea white foam. the sparkling water enveloped her bare feet, soaked the edges of her blue jean.
she stood up as the sun dipped below the horizon. roseate shades, orange hues, it was as beautiful as a painting. she was amazed by the vastness of the ocean, the cloudless sky. a scene to bring you to humbleness. as she tried to immortalise the beautiful moment, she caught sight of someone who seemed to have appeared out of nowhere. she thought her mind was playing tricks on her again when they were face to face.
"jimin, that can't be—"
he didn't talk. instead he came perilously close. and she stepped back, staring incredulously at him. would he fade away if she laid a finger on him ? ohh she couldn't resist, after all this time. she cupped his face, trailing her thumbs across his cheeks. he brought his pale hands to hers. he felt so real... his piercing eyes held the same glint, the same electrical sparks she remembered. in a matter of seconds, she was pulled into his familiar embrace. she found herself sliding her thin arms around his waist, inhaling his subtle lavender scent. his mouth almost touching her ear, he whispered breathlessly.
   "forgive me, please... i'll be waiting for you"

she woke up to an inky night filled with stars, shivering. the cold got her through every pore. did she really fall asleep on the shore ? she hurriedly reached her car to go back home, wondering what the heck just happened.