02

fallen 

eleven years ago

she looked out the window from her sit. snowflakes were swaying around the town that night. a sigh escaped her chapped lips, she regretted not having at least a scarf with her. it was december, the nights never failed to be extremely cold. a shiver ran through her frail body at the mere thought.
she discretely glanced at the few people in the room. they weren't many at that session. the uncomfortable chairs they were all sat on formed a circle. the therapist who happened to be next to her was talking, but his voice sounded distant and almost inaudible. her attention was nowhere but on the multiple expressions the faces were displaying. the young woman was volunteering at a support group for the first time, it was a night she would remember for sure. everyone had introduced themselves, except one particular person.

   "hi, i'm jimin, and... i- gosh, i don't even know where to start... sorry. well, if i joined this group therapy, it's because i finally got that i can't do it alone... i can't get out of this trap that is depression. it all began this summer, when my brother passed away. i hope i'll find the help i actually need, and find the light at the end of the tunnel..."

her heart thumped against her ribcage. as corny as it sounded, she couldn't take her eyes off him. she didn't realise that she was holding her breath while he was talking. she didn't know much about him, just what he allowed people to know for now, but he touched her. she felt all the sorrow he breathed out. the sincerity of his words, the fatigue on his face... jimin looked up, feeling her intense gaze burning his skin, and their eyes met. he gave her the warmest smile one could ever receive.
to the broken people, the most beautiful smiles.

note
chapters wrote in italics are for the past :)