08

eleven in the night

   they walked down the almost empty street, hand in hand, talking about the session that happened tonight. she was proud of him. he was getting better, day by day. he wanted to invite her to a newly opened restaurant, nothing fancy but she didn't care. as long as she could share the moment with him. she felt a bit ashamed for lying to her mother again, saying she was out with a friend for dinner. it wasn't a total lie, was it ? out of the blue, bringing her back from her reflections, he planted a chaste kiss on the back of her hand.
   "i love you, so much"
she didn't know that she played a huge role in his recovery. no, she couldn't believe it, it didn't even cross that little mind of hers. perhaps it was modesty, perhaps it was the fear of being that important to someone...

jimin had fallen in love with her. inevitably. she made him feel... a way he couldn't quite put words on. but he knew. he knew it was her and nobody else. he sometimes imagined how it would sound like to replace her last name by his.
when he first laid his eyes on her that night, he was still too caught up in his hassles to really pay her attention. he saw her gathering her things at the end of the session. she only had a thin coat, despite the ferocious weather. so cold, it could burn and cut. he didn't hesitate to lend her his scarf, before watching her getting further into the white scenery.
at that time, he thought nobody cared about what he felt. he was the one who had lost his younger brother, yet he was the one worrying about the well being of everyone. nobody was here for him when he needed it the most. but she proved him wrong. she appeared in his life at the very right moment. and he thanked God every single day for that. he wanted to win over his depression, for himself. for her also. he wanted to be here for her as she was for him.
because with her, his perception of love became real.

note
thank you for reading, hope you're enjoying this book so far ♡