part 36

Dedicated to GuguDube0

Continuing from the previous episode.

***

"I'll sing for the Lord is good
I'll dance, I'll dance for the Lord is good
I'll praise, I'll praise him for he is good
His mercies endures forever."

Ifes kept singing happily as she walked back to her dorm room. Getting to the front of her door, she reached out into her side pocket and yanked out her keys, remembering Mandy had called her a couple of minutes ago asking her whereabout: she didn't bother to sleep in the keyhole.

She opened the door and saw her roommate going through her stuff.

Mandy spun around to look at her. "Hey! what's up with you? and what is that beam on your face?"

Ignoring her friend's question, she kept singing as she made straight for the kitchen to unpack her groceries.

"So who was the generous Prince charming that paid for those groceries?"

Ifes darted her eyes to see Mandy standing in front of the opened kitchen door.

She grinned and jerked her cheeks. "I paid for this grocery with my own money, Missie."

Mandy urged an eyebrow at her friend. "So why the unusual beam on your face?"

Ifes stared at her friend and didn't know if it was right to discuss Chloe, Israel and Michael with her, so she gave her what she reckoned was a simple answer. "I went out for evangelism today and souls were won for Christ."

"Oh! I see." Mandy moved towards the kitchen counter to help unpack the groceries. "That's reason enough to be happy."

"Oh yeah! You can say that again."

"So how was the picnic today?" Ifes asked.

Mandy wished her roommate didn't ask that question. How was she supposed to answer that question now? How would she tell her friend, "it wasn't good, I spoilt the party today with my mood." Today everyone was uncomfortable because of her mood, when she noticed she had become the centre of concentration, she could not stop the tears that rolled down her cheeks... She had apologized: but it was too late to repair the damage, the Glamour in the party was gone.

Her gaze fell on Ifes and wondered how she was able to still smile even when she was faced with difficulties. She also had life issues but how was she able to handle it? Maybe it was her way of showing how much pain she went through, you know the suffering and smiling thing... , or she was devoid of feelings, or it was just her way of life.. haa! If that was also another way of life, then Mandy wanted it, she would do anything to have it, she would even pay any amount of money it cost.

Mandy was deep in thought when her friend's voice drifted her back to reality. "What did you say again?"

"You haven't answered my question."

Ifes expected her roommate to do what she usually did first thing after she was back from any Hangout, but when Mandy didn't show her any pictures, she sensed there was a problem. "No selfies?"

Mandy shrugged. "Okay, it was okay."

Ifes recognised her friend's tone of dismissal and decided not to pry and changed the topic instead.. "What do we have for dinner?"

"How about sourdough bread?" She looked to her roommate for an approval. "Roast pork and pickled cucumber sandwich?"

Ifes shook her head. "Not a bad idea."

They finished eating then Ifes stood up and left the kitchen with Mandy trailing behind her.

"Do you think he would come around?"