part 41

Dedicated to EdoraAnna 

unwilling to continue bantering with the police officer, Ifes scoffed. "Okay officer, if you insist, we'll have it your way then: but I really appreciate your concern." 

"You are welcome Miss Uzondu, I guess we'll be on our way now: but do not hesitate to dial the emergency number should you sense trouble." 

"Yes, I sure will, thanks once again." 

My pleasure." The officer said and spun around to Becky. "Miss Becky, we'll be keeping an eye on you and your friend, this should not repeat itself again." 

"Alright officer." Becky said, trying to control her emotions 

The officer spun around and left the hospital room with two other men who walked behind him. 

Becky's gaze followed the officers till they were out of the hospital room and slammed the door behind them then darted her gaze back to Ifes. "Why did you do it? Why didn't you testify against Alexandria and I? We almost killed you, know! I almost killed you: but yet; you defended me in front of those officers, why?" 

Ifes tilted her head to look at Becky. "Well, it's not about me, Jesus did much more for you and if he were here in flesh and blood, he'd still do more." 

Jesus! Becky wondered in her heart, Ifes spoke of him as though he were someone she was fond of and knew him inside out. 

"So you see, it isn't about me but the 1 who offers Salvation to mankind." 

Becky wondered that the same Jesus who would make someone speak good of her even when she tried to harm her, that Jesus was what emulating, he was indeed a role model to Ifes. Hunger stared up inside Becky to know this Jesus that could ask his followers to forgive. 

"Please, I know I'm not worthy to make this request, but can you tell me about Jesus?" 

"Yes I'll definitely tell you, and don't take it that you ain't worthy because no one is worthy but Jesus makes us worthy with his blood..." 

"His blood! How?" 

With delight, Ifes began elaborating. "Jesus is the son of God, the true living God.... 

Because of his love for mankind, he left all his privileges, rights, honour and power and came to us in flesh and blood. 

There was a man named Adam, the Bible recorded that he was the first man created by God.. 

God placed him in a garden called Eden and gave him charge overall he created. But Adam committed high treason and sold out his rights to our enemy which is the devil. 

So, that was how sin came into the world, and my Bible makes me understand that sin is the root of poverty, sickness, hatred, hardship, corruption, war etc and finally, death. 

Sin came and man was immediately separated from God. 

Hallelujah! then Jesus came in to be the link between God and man. 

Becky exhaled deeply as she was engrossed in the story she was listening to. "Please continue." 

"Jesus was made flesh and was delivered by a virgin mother. 

Before his crucifixion, Jesus moved about doing good wherever he went: he healed the sick, raised the dead and cast out devils by the words of his mouth. He even walked upon the sea, fed 5000 souls excluding women and children with five loaves of bread and two fishes, he turned water to wine. He did so much that I cannot finish recounting all to you in a week. 

but after all this, like a lamb: he was slain on the cross of Calvary and rose victoriously from the grave on the third day like a lion. He is called the Lion of the tribe of Judah.

Becky sat still, obviously shocked at what she was hearing about Jesus Christ for the first time. sure, she had heard the name of Jesus before but that was just about it. she didn't know of his suffering, his death and Resurrection. 

"Jesus is in heaven at the right hand of God the Father still speaks on our behalf, he is our advocate, our link to the father. That is why when we pray in his name, we get results. Ifes added. 

"Who's God the Father?" Becky asked and Ifes elucidated. 

Feeling convicted, Becky asked her to pray the sinner's prayer with her. 

"You can repeat the sinner's prayer to receive Christ after me." Ifes said. 

Becky nodded affirmatively. "Alright."

Lord Jesus, come into my Life. I'm a sinner, I believe you died and Rose from the dead to save me. now with my mouth, I confess you Lord over my life. thank you father for saving me, in Jesus name, amen. 

As they finished, Becky felt her burdens lifted, she felt the light shine in her life evaporating every darkness. 

She was happy, in fact; for the first time she felt the peace she had never felt before. 

"Wow! this feeling is great!" Becky exclaimed. "Alexa! I need to tell Alexa what happened, she needs to know." 

As she made for the door, Ifes called out to her. " "Hey! wait up, I would like to come along." 

"Ifes, u might not be strong enough to come with me." Becky said, studying her. 

"I insist, I don't only want to see you off, but also want to see how Alexa is fairing too." 

Becky looked animatedly at ifes and said, "That will be beautiful." 

On getting to Alexandria's room they explained everything to her and shared the good news message with her. She opened her heart, accepted the truth and gave her life to Christ. 

Mandy and Chloe were relieved to see Ifes at their doorstep. 

Ifes elucidated her ordeal with Alexandria and Becky, Chloe was exonerated but something still bothered her heart which was her brother Israel. 

But she would continue praying and believing that one day, Israel's heart would be opened to receiving the truth. 

***

A month later. 

Happy birthday to Ifes, she finally turns 18. 🎂🎂🎂🎂😎😎🤩🤩🤩🤩😎😎😎.