part 44

"Don't come close!" Skylar yelled at the Intruders.

Mandy covered her mouth with her palms gaping in stunned silence.

"But what are you trying to do Skyler?" Ifes asked as though the scene was yet to register in her head.

"What can you see?"

"But why this, Skylar?"

Mandy again stepped forward and tried to reach for the ropes. "And you wouldn't even allow us to come close to..."

" I said don't come any step further or else!"

Mandy drew back gasping astonishingly.

It's already too bad enough that you two barged into my house poking your nose around!"

The duo gazed up speechlessly, afraid that any word they spoke or actions they took without proper calculation might make their dear friend plunge into her actions without thinking twice.

"One more step from any of you and I will end it sooner than you thought I'd do!" Skylar threatened. " Well it wasn't like I was never going to do it anyway., It wouldn't make much difference if I did it now or later.

"Alright Skylar, we won't try to stop you: but as your friends; don't you think you owe us an explanation for trying to take your own life with your own hands?" Mandy said.

"Oh! Trust me, you really don't want to hear it."

"You  think so, okay, why don't you try us out?"

"And  you will leave my house after hearing it?"

Mandy didn't know how to answer that question, would she hear the full story and leave her friend to commit suicide? Surely she could not accept such terms and conditions.

Skylar stared into Mandy's eyes and saw the uncertainty then shook her head. "I knew you wouldn't leave me be after telling you, so maybe I'll just go ahead and do it in your front!"

Mandy's lips parted, she wanted to say something but her trembling lips wouldn't let her alter a word.

"What I'm about to tell you is a secret I have kept from not just you" but our friends."

Mandy winced inwardly, secrets! she also had her own secrets, didn't she also keep it away from everyone? as Mandy pondered over it, she remembered it wasn't only her and Skylerv who kept secrets from the rest: but Bradley kept the secret of his illness away from everyone too... so this left her with so much to wonder about what the rest were also hiding from each other, what a terrible squad they made.

"I have a monster in place of a father who always abused my Mum."

Ifes didn't like the hideous name Skylar called her father, no matter what her reason was; it didn't justify it.

"Everything became so awfully annoying, I persuaded my Mum to divorce him: but she wouldn't always claim how much she loved him, today; they have filed for a divorce, currently working on the papers..

But that's not all, the whole thing is really hard on her, my mum loves him so much that she is so vulnerable."

As Skylar spoke, Mandy thought of herself, did she love Alex to the extent that it made her vulnerable as well?

"He never took care of my sister and I, always abusing my Mother in every possible way.

He goes out and and comes back from the streets to  steal my Mother's money and instead of my Mum getting all annoyed at him; she would offer to give him more money when he came back.

Mandy and Ifes were dumbfounded and felt bad at the revelation: but Skylar wasn't finished.

"That's not all,"  Skylar continued. "My sister had a serious car accident that broke her legs, the Doctor said she won't be able to ever walk on her feet again... Tell you what? she uses the wheelchair!" Skylar began to wail. " My own sister Joy, Joy now walks on a wheelchair!" 

"To  think that the thought of my sister remaining a crippled or the rest of her life wasn't bad enough, her husband, I mean her useless husband left her and ran off, I wish he rottes in hades.

At this point, the duo joined Skylar wailing.

"Joy blames herself for all her misfortunes, Skyler spoke amid tears. "My sister is back to our home, she is going through trauma, as I speak to you; she's currently taking her appointment with a psychologist."

Life "was a jerk."

"Life was a jerk without Christ.". Ifes  added silently.

"Her  daughter Olivia is all she's got in the world."

Skylar saw Mandy's disoriented face but didn't care to spare her the last bombshell. Mandy bargained for it, so let her hear it?

"So; I've finished speaking about everyone, now it's time to tell you about me."

Mandy and Ifes looked up to the red hair girl and trembled inwardly, what was she going to tell them now?