part 48

Allex bought the ticket to one of Mandy's favourite movies... as they watched, Alex saw her reaction, she was so thrilled with every actions. not being a movie person himself, Alex managed to tag along.. Only few movies had been able to catch his attention, the same movies he told Ifes on their way to Pennsylvania.

He preferred watching documentaries, he could see the 10 wonders of the world, how the world were developing and leaving Africa 200 years behind, Discovery science, everything happening like magic.

As Alex continued in his reverie, someone tapped him. "Hey! Alex, did you just take that in? oh! that was quite good! I can't believe I was holding my breath all through that moment!"

Alex quickly composed himself as though he was also carried along with the movie and mimicked the way she reacted. . "Yes, everything was captivating!"  Hee said but Mandy did not notice that he was forging his excitement. Well, how could she have noticed? The way he reacted was even a surprise to himself.

"She didn't notice because she loves you." A voice said in his head. "Yeah!"  He replied. "I love her too!" .

Mandy kept calling out to Alex, and wanting to discuss one or two seen from the ongoing movie

Ayo knew that he must now bring himself to concentrating on the movie   if he was going to get what he wanted that day... so he completely centred his  focus on the movie.

After the movie, everyone began to file out of the cinema.. Alex intertwined his fingers with Mandy AS they ambled out.

"Thank you for taking me to the movies today!" Mandy said as they were well away from the cinema walking back to their dorm room.
she didn't offer that they drive in her car to the cinema because she wanted to walk with him. if they drove, they would reach the cinema in 15 minutes time: but walking with him would give her 45 minutes more. she appreciated it.

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself." .

"Yeah! I am glad too, especially because you came along with me."

Alex jerked her to a halt and spunn her around so her gaze met his. "Mandy!"  He called out, his pulse were running wild. he didn't trust his voice but he was going to speak anyway, he wouldn't let this chance pass him by.

"Yes, Alex." She replied her gaze matching his.

"I'm  glad you enjoyed the movie, I am also glad that you were happy that I came along." He paused for a while, all he memorized he had forgotten but dash it all.

"I I I have something I'd like to tell you Mandy." Alex continued.

"What  is it Alex?" She asked sensing his tensed  moves.

"I love you Mandy!" 

Those words echoed repeatedly in her head and heart... perhaps, this was a dream, she never saw this coming.

"I waited for you, I waited all this while because I wanted Christ to take root in your life first, and now that he did, nothing else is stopping me... Mandy, I'd like you to give me a place in your heart?"

Mandy didn't respond for a while, she was too dazed to open her mouth then Alex continued speaking.

"I love you Mandy, so much!" he placed his hand on her chin and jerked up her face to him....

she grinned up at him, what wouldn't she give to be with this young man!. Yes! yes I've already given you a place in my heart for so long that you didn't know! Mandy wanted to say. Oh! If only she knew that Alex had been aware of that.

"Yes Alex, you've got a place in my heart already, and I love you!"

"I  love you too!" Alex replied and she threw her hands around him and embraced him happily.