part 38

Dedicated to _veejiewong- 

" I definitely won't miss that one!" Hunter mumbled under his breath, she got too emotional too easily, he should have known it would come to this, "I believe we are meant for each other." Mumbo  jumbo with this one too, girls had a way of being annoyingly clingy and start seeking a relationship after intimacy, couldn't they just stick to the agreement for goodness sakes!!

It would be all beautiful at first but he was different with this one, from the first date: she was looking at him as though he hung the moon! 

Well, now he thought of it, they all did, he almost smiled when he remembered that when he turned down the proposal of girls that wanted to 'label'  what he and them had, some would that they only agreed to be with him thinking they could change, the torrent of colourful words that followed him allowed, and because of what? 

It amused him because for hunter, he definitely didn't deserve it, the people that entered into a contract without making all their intentions known were the ones that deserved the bashing. One of his ex-girlfriend's  soon after some time with him started telling him of other guys, who were rushing after her and how privileged he was to have her in his life. It was  until later that he found out that it was just a ploy to make him get jealous... He scoffed audibly, jealousy was far from his heart except when it came to one  rudely beautiful girl.

Hunter gazed at the seat the gal sat on before her fantasy talk and scowled, he would probably change that seat, anything to get the memory of the ugly looking girl out of his head. But she was beautiful, in fact very beautiful: but Hunter couldn't see it. What was her name again? Mary! Angela! Eunice! Something like Ashley. 

"I am definitely a mess!" Hunter said as he rake his fingers into his disheveled hair... Uttering a four-letter word, he sat on the cool floor with his back still leaning against the door. 

"But must it always get to this?" After everything, why the emptiness? Maybe it was because he still loved Megan, but why did she reject him? Wasn't he good enough for her? But she told him she had someone better than him. But he was handsome, blonde hair and blue eyes, ladies were dying for him... he was rich too. But she told him she found a richer dude. 

What if Megan had accepted him? What great life would it have been? Would her love be able to make him whole again? 

But Megan was not  Hunter's main problem, his addiction was eating on him again. Unable to resist the urge, Hunter springs to his feet, puts on his leather jacket and scurried out of the dorm room. 

After work hours, Ifes went to her locker room to change out of her work apparel. Coming out of the locker room, her eyes darted around the open restaurants but she didn't see Ayo, this was unusual of him, she wondered as he always arrived before the end of her shift. she quickly reached for her purse and pulled out her phone to place a call across to him. her eyes glanced on her phone screen to see 10 missed calls staring back at her. 

She was shocked to see that eight of those calls were from her driver for the evening Ayo. Her thoughts wondered for a while, Ayo usually came before the end of her shift: but today she was getting his missed call instead. 

He pressed the answer button on  his phone at the second ring. "Hello fine girl, how far?"  " 

"Ugly  boy: I'm fine, why do you want to kill my phone's battery with your call?" 

" Well, it's not my fault that you weren't picking your calls." Ayo said. "I'm  sorry I can't make it, you'll have to walk home alone this evening. 

"You better have a good explanation for that" 

"and  I do, I have been called by Ian to accompany him to the hospital, turns out one of the boys that attends the fellowship was involved in a car accident" 

"Jesus!" exclaimed ifes. "how is he now? hope he did not sustain any fatal injuries?" 

"nah, don't worry he's alright, just some careless driving by The cab man." 

Oh! I see, say hi to him on my behalf." 

He'll hear, and what about you, hope you can manage?" 

"don't  worry, I'll be fine " 

" Sure?"

"Sure, I am no kid"

"okay okay, but be careful and call me when you get home." 

"Okay, I will sure do that." 

"Bye." 

Ifes dropped the phone back into her bag and walked out of the restaurant exhausted and in need of some nice sleep. 

****

As Chloe List laced her shoe into a perfect bow as she had done since she was five years old, all she could think about was the Lord Jesus... after giving her life to Christ: she had been studying all she could lay her hands on that spoke about God and building a relationship with him. She was filled with new found joy and purpose though at times she felt bad and guilty for avoiding or totally cutting off old friends' bikes Alexandria who she knew took her calls or replied to her text. 

Her thoughts paused as she heard the loud shriek of her phone and remembered that she had been planning to change her ringtone to something less annoying for a month now, what made it to always skip her memory: she couldn't fathom. 

"Hello." Chloe said not stopping to think about the fact that it was an unknown number that was calling. 

"hello." A cool chill ran-down Chloe's spine ' as she realised that she just picked Alex's call. 

" Hi." Chloe managed. 

"I see you are tongue-tied now after letting my calls go on and on and on without you applying the common decency of picking up your phone ha? Chloe was silent, obviously confused about what to say. 

"I've spoken myself blue blue in the face to convince you to come back to me but you have insisted that it is over... How dare you after all these times together? I don't blame u, I blame her and I'll get her." Alexandria spoke all of these words with a further that kept and left Chloe mute but as soon as some of the shock wore off, Chloe realised what the last words of Alexandria meant... So she ran out of her dorm with  a cheetah' speed in search of Ifes, she knew the capabilities of an angry Alexandria.

"God," She reasoned. "Why did I give ifes details to Alexandria? I should have just told her that I had changed and no more interested in the relationship and left it at that." 

On her arrival at ifeses' workplace, she discovered that Ifeses shift had ended and she had left for home... She hoped that against all odds, ifes had made it home in one piece... She had to make sure she was home in one piece and again, she started running in the direction of ifeses' dorm when she discovered she had left her phone on her bed in a bid to make it to ifes speedily.