🌱 : falling asleep after reading

he allows her to rest her head on his shoulder, hair falling over her eyes, tickling her beautiful nose.

"y/n-ah, you shouldn't have stayed up all night again, reading that book again," mark whispered, afraid to wake you up at this hour, "it's not good for your health."

she only stirred in her sleep, whimpering as she did so, pushing down further on his right side.

mark giggled to himself. damn you, y/n. why do you have to be so cute?

mark took a quick look at your face, and that was only enough for him to fall in love with you again.

he took in all of your features, from your perfect eyebrows to your tiny pout embedded onto your soft, pink lips, to the oversized shirt you were wearing, which of course was his.

scrolling through his phone once again, careful not to disturb your rest, he continued to look through photos of him and you together, reminiscing what you two would do together in the warmer months of the year.

his thumb stopped moving once again when he felt the familiar weight on his right shoulder become non-existent, meaning that your head was going to land somewhere undesirable-off the edge of your shared bed.

so, mark, being the kind and humble gentleman he is, dropped his phone and instinctively brought his hand to the side of your face, drawing your body closer to his side so that you wouldn't fall again.

but being a gentleman also meant that he was considering all the possibilities of what else could happen next.

you could fall in the same direction again, or worse, you could lean too much towards the left side, which had no support due to the gaping area between his chest and the old position of his phone.

and mark definitely didn't want to tuck you into bed at this hour- he already has been cuddling close to you for a good two hours.

so within the next few moments, he had moved his right hand to the small of you back, cradling your tiny frame as he brought his left hand under both of your legs and lifted you bridal style, sitting comfortably on his lap, you head once again falling over towards your only current form of physical support- mark's bare chest.

chuckling to himself once again, he wrapped his right arm across you small body as he picked up his phone again, scrolling through pictures of the both of you again before turning off his phone and resting his cheek on top of your head, further anchoring you into your new spot.

gently rubbing your arm, he softly pecked your pouty lips before sighing contently.

i love you so much, y/n. sweet dreams.

.:🍡:.

waking up once again in your seated positions, mark's eyes once again flew open as he caught you moving for the third time tonight.

quickly, making sure not to disturb her rest again, he wraps his arms around you, securing your place next to him.

with you sitting sideways across his lap like how he left you, it's easy for him to check on you periodically, making sure you actually feel warm.

this man worries too much about his girlfriend, lucky for you. only you would get such royal pampering from him.

kissing your temple reassuringly, he cuddles you closer, allowing his hot torso to warm up yours as well.

making sure your warm for a longer period of time, he pulls up the bedsheets further up your body, now engulfing most of your tiny frame, your head still securely nuzzled into the crook of mark's neck.

"shhhh, princess. go to sleep, y/n," he coos at you softly, not wanting to bother your sleep anyway, anyhow.

mark only wants the best things for you, giving him another reason why he doesn't want to wake you up. and if he ever went back on his word, he would surely beat himself up for doing that, even if you told him otherwise.

his quiet nothings suddenly dissolve, however, when he hears you whimper in your sleep. then you shuffle your head against his body and wrap your arms around his now blazing skin, his naked chest on fire from your close contact.

"m-m-mark," you mumble out almost inaudibly, due to the shifting of your bodies.

your boyfriend cradles you once again closer to his body before kissing you softly again for the countless time tonight.

"yes, princess?" he asks soothingly, giving you the acknowledgment that he heard you mumble.

"c-can you s-strawberry m-me?" you breathlessly answer, parts of the sentence inaudible due to the fabric of the t-shirt you were wearing being pressed up against your mouth.

mark furrows his eyebrows tightly, wondering for a moment. why you want him to strawberry you?

turning your head ever so gently, he takes a god look up and down your angel-like face before realizing that your eyes were closed.

when you two had first started dating, you had warned him multiple times that you talk in your sleep, a common habit of yours that even your family overtime grew tired of.

mark didn't seem to mind much, he was self-aware that he is mostly a deep sleeper and can snooze through anything.

however, this was the first time mark has heard you sleep-talk in your cute voice throughout your two years of dating each other.

the boy grinned happily, adoring how cute his girlfriend looked, at the same time he admired her facial features, aware of how pretty she was, even with tangled bed-hair and her mouth slightly parted, talking to him-mark-while she was sleeping.

how lucky mark was to have a girlfriend that returned such love to him, a relationship that was certainly going down a two-way street.

relationships that show such dedication and affection were hard to find these days, but with you and mark, it was common for the both of you to show your love for each other, the people around you genuinely happy for the both of you.

"what, princess?" mark asks softly, a small smile spreading across his lips, amused by your adorable habits.

before any other thoughts could be formed, you started mumbling again. but because you had shifted your position, mark could hear more of your sentence, the same one you had mumbled earlier in your sleep.

smiling softly to himself, he listened one again to your honey-like voice mumble almost incoherently, "can y-you b-uy strawberry m-me?"

looking down at your beautiful face once again, he chuckled slightly before kissing the bridge of your nose lightly.

smiling to himself, he giggled once again, before finally responding to you.

"y/n, when you do wake up, we'll eat strawberries for breakfast. but only for you, princess, only for you."