VIII

After school ended, Beomgyu head to his club room

After school ended, Beomgyu head to his club room. Beomgyu sat on his seat while putting his thick book on the table.

Chani: What is the meaning of this? Are you planning to study?

His junior, Kang Chani asked.

Beomgyu: Not a chance.  *grins* You see, there are a lot of blank areas in this book which I can use to draw it in.

Beomgyu flipped through the pages while showing Chani.

Beomgyu: See.

Chani: Oohh.. Is it okay to vandalise a book? This is a book from the school library, right?

Beomgyu: Chani, if I draw it this way, my manga becomes more understandable, you know? Also, there's no way anyone would read such a complicated book like this.

Beomgyu took out his pencil case from his bag. He looked at his lunchbox which reminded him of Heejin. An idea suddenly popped out of his head. He smiled widely and started drawing on the book gleefully.

The next day, Beomgyu approached Heejin during lunch time at the rooftop.

Beomgyu: Hi! I just want to say thank you for yesterday.

Heejin: *nods*

Beomgyu: Can I eat with you? We don't have to talk. I just wanna sit beside you as I eat.

Beomgyu took a seat beside Heejin without waiting for her response which made her flustered.

Heejin: I can't be friends with you.

Beomgyu: If that's the case, then why did you let me eat your lunch yesterday? You should just ignore me until the end.

Heejin: It's because I dropped it.

Beomgyu: *smiles* See? Just as I thought. You're a great person, after all.

Heejin stopped what she was doing then hastily packed her lunch. She quickly walked away before he can do anything.

Beomgyu: W-wait!