XXI

Hyunjin: Thank you for contacting me

Hyunjin smiled at her friend while walking at the festival.

Hyunjin: I didn't think I'd see you again.

Yeonjun: That's an exaggeration. How was everyone from Middle school?

Hyunjin: They're doing well.

Yeonjun: How about her? The girl you got along well with, Jeon Heejin?

Hyunjin smiled nervously.

Hyunjin: She transferred last year so we don't meet that much now.

Hyunjin stopped walking making Yeonjun turned to faced her.

Hyunjin: Are you curious about her?

Yeonjun: *sternly* Not the least bit. *smiles* I'll go buy us some food. Wait here.

Hyunjin nodded as Yeonjun went to the food stall.

"Beomgyu!"

"Heejin!"

Hyunjin jumped when she heard the familiar name. She looked at the direction of the female's voice that was calling for Heejin.

"I wonder where they were going?"

Yunkyoung was running around while looking for Beomgyu and Heejin. Hyunjin quickly followed her.

Yunkyoung: There you are!

She ran towards Beomgyu and Heejin who were walking together.

Yunkyoung: What're you doing? They already launched the lanterns!

Hyunjin walked towards them.

Hyunjin: Heejin?

Heejin looked at her confusedly.

Hyunjin: It's me, Hyunjin. Kim Hyunjin. We're in the same class back in middle school.

Heejin still kept her lips closed as she has no idea on what to say. Yunkyoung who seem to noticed the awkward tension decided to butt in.

Yunkyoung: Nice to meet you! *smiles at Hyunjin* We're Heejin's classmates.

Hyunjin: Ah..I see.

Hyunjin bowed at Beomgyu and Yunkyoung then looked back at Heejin.

Hyunjin: Heejin, I was worried about you.

She stepped closer to Heejin that made her backed up a little.

Beomgyu: Uhh..Taehyun must be waiting for us. Let's go. *smiles at Hyunjin* Excuse us. *Carefully holds Heejin's wrist and walks pass her*

Yunkyoung: Wait! Beomgyu! *catches up with the two*

Yeonjun looked at them as they passed him. He grabbed Heejin's shoulder to stop her making Heejin turned to him.

Yeonjun: You traitor.

Heejin looked at him confusedly. Then she felt the same pain on her head when she was at school the other day.  Her visions started to blur when she saw some unclear flashback. She was running from a group of girls. Heejin couldn't take the pain any longer. Her legs started to feel weak making her fall then she blacked out.

Beomgyu turned to Heejin.

Beomgyu: Heejin!

He ran towards her and picked her up.