XXXV

Heejin quickly ran towards the rooftop and slammed the door open

Heejin quickly ran towards the rooftop and slammed the door open. There she saw him, looking up the sky while sitting on the floor. Beomgyu noticed the sound of the door getting slammed and instantly looked towards it. His eyes widened when he saw Heejin walking towards him.

The strong wind was blowing at her hair making him thinking that he's looking at an angel. Beomgyu immediately stood up and faced her.

Heejin: Choi Beomgyu..

Beomgyu looked at her straight in the eye, still processing if this is a dream or reality.

Heejin: Please...

Heejin: Please become friends with me!

Heejin reached out her hand. Beomgyu couldn't believe what he had heard. Is he dreaming? He smiled widely at Heejin.

Instead of accepting Heejin's handshake,he stepped closer towards her and wrapped his arms around her. Heejin was shook by his sudden movement.

Beomgyu: I missed you.

Feeling a little foolish, Beomgyu chuckled and breaking the hug with his arms still around her, Heejin was flustered seeing him tearing up. Her hand slowly made its way towards his face, wiping away his tears.

Beomgyu smiled at her. He didn't know what was going on inside his head but he leaned closer until his lips softly landed on hers. His actions made Heejin shook and unable to move. But he quickly parted because it was awkward.

Beomgyu: I'm sorry.

Beomgyu apologised while rubbing his nape.

Beomgyu: It's my first..

Heejin: Me too..

Heejin looked down,embarrassed because her too, first kiss was stolen. But when she raised her head again,her eyes immediately landed on Beomgyu's.

They were gazing in each others eyes. Heejin felt like drowning in those eyes. She swears she saw the entire universe in there. Heejin felt a familiar and warm feeling inside her.

Once again, Beomgyu leaned in. And this time Heejin followed until their lips brushed against each other. His hands were holding the sides of her necks while hers on his waist.

It was a light but sweet kiss. After a few seconds that felt like years, they pulled away from each other, catching their breaths.

Beomgyu: *in whispers* I like you, Jeon Heejin.

Beomgyu confessed. His hands moved up to cup her cheeks as his thumb was caressing one of it.

Beomgyu: So.. will you give me a chance? I know I always wanted to be your friend but I can't help myself but falling for you. Ever since you threw the book at me. I promise you that I will always be there to protect you from every painful and hurtful things that bothers you. I like you and I really do.

Heejin just stared at his dove like eyes then hung her head low.

Heejin: After all this time.. my life has been a sorrow, I always thought why can't I be like others? I hate it whenever Monday comes because I will lose every memories of my friends and the people I just met. I was so lonely and feel unfortunate about myself. But not until you came in my life.

Beomgyu's eyes lit up.

Heejin: You made me feel very special and whenever I'm around you I felt safe. Thanks to you I can keep track of my memories that are lost in my mind. No one has ever done so much for me. No matter how much I pushed you away, you still wouldn't give up. I can see how genuine your feelings are. You even manage to make me feel something I thought I would never feel. That's why.. I can't forgive myself for forgetting you and what had you done so much for me. So I can't..

Beomgyu felt his heart stop as he let go of her.

Heejin: I can't say no.. *smiles* because you manage to make me feel the same.

Beomgyu's lips formed a smile slowly, which became bigger and bigger. He hugged her again, spinning her in the air.

Heejin let out a big laughed for the first time in 3 years.

It was the melody to Beomgyu ears as it was the first time he ever heard her laugh.

He promised to both himself and Heejin that he will always be there for her. On her happy and sad times.

He's never let going anything to break the girl's precious heart and hurt her.

Beomgyu put her down and they laughed together.

He wrapped his arms around the smaller girl once again, hugging her tightly as she smiled and returned the hug.

Ever since then, Heejin was never afraid whenever Monday comes.

Because she have him who loves her genuinely with all his heart.

But most importantly,he's always there for her, protecting and keeping tracks of her precious memories.

[The End]