XXXI

3rd Year, Spring

3rd Year, Spring

Another year of school stared. Beomgyu just arrived at school on his first day. He walked towards the school board. He looked at the Class 1 name list and found a familiar name.

Class 3-1
18 | Jeon Heejin
29 | Choi Yeonjun

He sighed in disappointment when he didn't see his name in the same class as her.

Class 3-3
24 | Choi Beomgyu
26 | Kang Taehyun
30 | Seo Yunkyoung

Beomgyu let out a small smile and walked to his class. The year was pretty much turned back to normal. Except that him being less bright than his usual self.

Few months has passed and one day Beomgyu was walking around the school, passing the classes one by one. He stopped in front of the music club and saw Yunkyoung singing with her bandmates. Beomgyu opened the door and entered the room. His presence was noticed by Yunkyoung so she immediately stopped what she was doing.

Yunkyoung: What are you doing here?

Yunkyoung smiled at his bestfriend who's leaning on the wall.

Beomgyu: Just to stop by and saying hi...Hi!

Yunkyoung: Umm hi? So that's it?

Beomgyu looked around and nodded. Yunkyoung was puzzled by her best friend's weird personality.

Yunkyoung: Well, we still need to practice so will you leave before I kick your butt out?

Beomgyu laughed and nodded before shutting the door. He's glad that they still continued being friends despite the fact that he rejected her. Beomgyu really did consider on giving Yunkyoung a chance but he knew it's not right for him to be with her her while having feelings for someone else.

Beomgyu then walked passed another club room and spotted Taehyun doing some work using his laptop with a girl sitting beside him, writing something on her book.They were discussing about something and Beomgyu was surprised to see how comfortable Taehyun is with the girl.

So Beomgyu being Beomgyu, decided to interrupt the beautiful moments. He slammed the door opened, making both Taehyun and the girl surprised.

Beomgyu: Hi!

Beomgyu waved at his best friend and bowed at the girl.

Taehyun: What are you doing here?

Beomgyu: *playfully frowns* Can't I visit my own friend?

Beomgyu sat infront of the two. Taehyun sighed at his friend childish behaviour.

The girl: Umm Taehyun, I finished correcting the mistakes I did earlier.

She slides her book towards Taehyun. He leaned on the book to check her work.

Taehyun: *nods* They're all correct. Good job, our Gowon~

Taehyun smiled warmly while patting her head. Gowon blushed by his compliment and movement. Beomgyu's eyes went wide, looking at Taehyun.

Beomgyu: Is this really my friend?

Severals minutes had passed,Taehyun and Gowon had been happily chatting and laughing, completely forgetting about their works as they enjoying each other's company. Leaving Beomgyu becoming the third wheel.

Each moment the both of them talking, never fail to make Beomgyu amazed because Taehyun kept on doing sweet movements towards Gowon like patting her head, complimenting her and smiles sweetly at her.

Beomgyu had rarely saw his best friend smile ever so widely and sweetly. Especially towards a girl. He felt happy for Taehyun, finally opening up to a girl. But at the same time, he felt sad because he wanted to do the same thing that Taehyun was doing. Not to Gowon of course, but someone else.

Beomgyu: I'll get going then.

Beomgyu stood from his seat and walked towards the door. Taehyun nodded as Beomgyu left the room. He proceed on walking then suddenly stopped infront of a certain classroom.

His eyes were fixed on a girl he's been missing. Heejin, who's reading a book while sitting on her seat. Beomgyu smiled looking at her. However the smile quickly dropped into a frown when a guy approached her. Yeonjun tapped on Heejin's head from behind making her looked at him and smiled. Yeonjun sat on a chair infront of her and began chatting with her with a bright smile.

Beomgyu sighed while looking at them then walked away.