XIII

Mr

Mr. Jeon: I'm home.

Mr. Jeon entered the house.

Mrs. Jeon: Welcome back.

Mr. Jeon: Where's Heejin?

Mrs. Jeon: Taking a bath.

Mr. Jeon nodded and went to the living room.

Mrs. Jeon: Hey... it's about Heejin.

Mr. Jeon: Is she doing alright?

Mrs. Jeon: She asked me if I ever did an exchange diary before. Could it be... that she's planning to have one?

Mr. Jeon:  *sighs* The doctor said it already. It'd be better for her not to get too involved with people. You should make her quit it as early as now.

Mrs. Jeon: *nods* Okay. You're right.

After Heejin done taking a bath, she went to her room and lay on her bed to get ready for sleep. Out of the blue, she thought about the exchange diary. She sat at her desk and took out the notebook and flipped the pages.

Today is Wednesday,
Wednesday is the day when Taehyun who is our classmate, gave me the idea to do this exchange diary.

Today is Thursday,
I'm about to give the diary in Jeon Heejin's care soon. My heart is beating so much, it's about to explode. I bought an easy-to-write-with pen together with the notebook. Please do use it. I'm someone from the Manga Research club, so there's no doubt in my words. Speaking of clubs, were you a member of a club back in your previous school?

Heejin stopped reading and thought about something for a while. She then went to her closet and took out a brown box. She ripped the tape and opened the box. Revealing a photo album from her old school. Inside had a picture of her with her club members. Beside the photo, written "basketball club". Heejin squinted her eyes at a familiar looking girl beside her in the photo, wrapping her arm around Heejin's shoulders.

Mrs. Jeon: Heejin?

Heejin snapped out of her thoughts and quickly shoved the album back inside the box, pushed it aside.

Heejin: Yes?

Mrs. Jeon: I'm coming in.

Mrs. Jeon went inside and looked at her daughter.

Mrs. Jeon: Are you planning to have an exchange diary with someone?

Heejin didn't answer.

Mrs. Jeon: Your father is feeling worried.

Heejin: It's fine. Nothing to worry about. *smiles* I'm going to sleep now. Goodnight.

Her mother nodded. Before closing the door, Mrs. Jeon noticed the box that was on the floor. She smiled before fully closing the door.