11

"Wanna grab breakfast?" I ask looking over at him.

"What were you thinking of getting?"

"IHOP?"

"That sound good, let's go get ready" he says grabbing Xav and walking to his room, me following close behind them.

I put on Mattias shadowhill hoodie and a pair of jeans that I left at his house weeks ago. We get in the car, getting Xav in his carseat.

"So, I've been thinking, over the time we were apart" he says backing out of his driveway.

"Okay, what about?"

"I've had a job for a while now, and so have you, and I think that since we both work enough to pay bills together, we should get a two bedroom apartment together. Xavier is gonna grow fast and we need a room he can have of his own. And yknow, we basically stay with eachother all the time anyway so."

"We can start looking at places in town" I say smiling at the idea.

He grabs my hand intertwining our fingers. Soon we are pulling into the parking lot of IHOP. Breakfast goes smoothly, other than when the waitress flirted with Mattia, he showed her he clearly wasnt interested and she stopped.

"Do you just like, get flirted with everywhere you go?" I ask laughing as we walk back to the car.

"Most of the time yeah, and even more when I'm alone with Xav because all these girls got baby fever." He responds laughing. I laugh, getting in the car.

When we get back to Mattias he gets out his laptop, searching up apartments near us. It takes is a while to find one, but the one we found is really nice.

We liked this one because it had our room and Xaviers room really close together so we could hear him if he's crying or what not, also because it has the connected bathroom and walk in closet

We liked this one because it had our room and Xaviers room really close together so we could hear him if he's crying or what not, also because it has the connected bathroom and walk in closet. And the closet right outside of Xaviers room can be for all his toys and diapers and those kinds of things. I smile up at Mattia.

"I think we found the place" I say.

"We can go check it out today, maybe pay first and last months rent even" he says shrugging.

"For sure, just let me go get Xav and we'll meet you in the car" I say smiling. He nods so I go downstairs and grab Xavier out of his crib. He shuffles in my arm and for the first time just falls right back asleep, I smile, I'm getting better at this whole mom thing.

I get him to the car and buckle him into his seat. Hes been up throughout the day more and more. And hes been playing with Mattia more and more. No crawling yet but he's getting close. He does this cute little slide across the floor. I sit up front with Mattia. Our hands falling into eachother as he drives to the apartment building. He grabs Xavier from the back, who is already awake and giggling. Hes the happiest baby I know.

Mattia walks up to the front. "Hey, my names Mattia Polibio, I called earlier about looking at the apartment 237" he says to the man at the counter.

"Hi Mr. Polibio, right this way" he says grabbing the key to the apartment and leading us up to the second floor. Unlocking the door and letting us in.

"Okay, so I'm sure you guys saw this online somewhere, furniture and all of that is covered already, if you break anything you would just have to pay for it to be replaced. Along with holes in the wall and whatnot. I can see you have a baby so if you'd like us to replace that bed with whatever crib you have for him that's fine" he says pointing into the room that's going to be Xaviers. "We do first and last months rent whenever you guys move in. You can take your time if you'd like but people may come and get to the place before you. Rent here is 1,200 dollars total and that covers everything, gas, electric, the givin wifi here, and the gym, pool and hot tub."

"When can we move in" Mattia asks looking at him, ready for this.

"As soon as tomorrow if you get us that payment and bring the crib here" the man smiles. "I'm Matt Moore, I work the counter downstairs and you guys can pay me now or tomorrow." He says smiling.

"I can pay now" Mattia says following Mr. Moore downstairs to the front counter. "I've been saving some money to cover this" he says to me smiling.

"Okay so it'll be 2,400 for first and lost months but usually people pay for the first 2 months and the last month so they can get settled in. If you'd like to do that it'll be 3,600" he says looking up at me and Mattia.

"Let's pay for the first 2 and last" Mattia says taking out his card.

"Okay sir, I'll need you two to sign some paper work, I can see you have good credit Mr. Polibio so I'll get you all set up." He says handing the papers over. Mattia signs all of the places he needs and hands me the paper to be a co-signer on the apartment. "Alright, your payment went through well, I'll take the place offline and I'll see you all tomorrow." He smiles waving us off.

"Okay so, you can probably leave your room as it is at your moms place and just get clothes and yknow, things you really want with you at the apartment" he says smiling and holding my hand. "We're really doing this" he smiles at me.