7-The queens job

I woke up when the sky was still black and the stars still glowed a bright red , Favio had left in a rush the second he sat the suns setting, he's explained to me how in the night the beasts come out to play and if I was smart i should never step foot into the outside, at night especially.

Favio has become my mother of this world he'd taught me the ropes of this life and the dos and donts of this society.

I lay upright on my bed and took in my surroundings once more , in the dark the room was basically pitch black apart from the gold decorations and ornaments the room was like a black hole. I hear footsteps approach my door and feel the shadow reach the door , my breath hitches so a peculiar reason and my attention sharpens . The shadow grabs the door nob heavily but don't open the door in time for another shadow stopped it.

"Now you know you can't do that , it breaks tradition , this erge your feeling is probably just temptation playing tricks on you i know yo-"

"Hunger."

"Huh"

"Hunger not erge , I just want to -"

"Tomorrow." She snaps and walks away heels snapping against the flooring.

The guy lets go of the handle and stands in front of the door for a good minute before walking away in the same direction the heels marched to .

I sigh and decided that I should sleep because something big involving me was going to happen tomorrow and I did not want to be sleepy In critical times, I felt as though I need to be as sharp as a knife tomorrow.

I don't know what time it was or if they even have time in this place ; but it felt early , yet the sky was black . I was woken up by the ompalompas shuffling and laying out my outfit , whilst setting up for the nail tech and makeup artist .

I missed my mum and cried for a bit while the makeup lady hit the back of my head and told me to stop before my eyes go red and I look like I'm "one of them and not being gifted to them"

I felt like breaking down and exploding in tears but I couldn't, I had to stay strong.

The put me into a bikini/ lingerie thing Favio had created for me. It was gold black and red like the house , the bikini was made out of black diamonds and the bra had no straps , and the knickers didn't cover my bum even if I prayed, now I wasn't on miss thickkks team but I was on the thick team.
It was all concealed by a shire burgundy  Crystal sprinkled robe which had a long 5-metre tail .

The hairstylist had managed to loosen curl pattern so my hair so it reached my lower back. Looking into the mirror I could recognise myself , I looked like a goddess.

"What's all this for" i had a rough idea but I just needed to confirm my thoughts.

" Very simple process , don't make it ard please," her Russian accent was thick but I didn't understand If she was human or one of them. " You walk down the staircase into the main hall and you stand der whilst the king will look down on you from the third floor, The giant crow will lift you up up up to the king and he will carry you to sit next to him ."

I didn't know what to say , anxiety built up inside of me and the pressure felt heavy, I don't know these people and I don't know their mannerisms , what if they are all crude and savage or maybe there judgemental , uptight people and will break my confidence. I took deep breaths and tried to hold in all of my fear.

I look outside the window and see the red moon glistening in the dark black sky .

"I don't think I-"

" Get her the fuck out of here and onto the entrance we are running five minutes behind schedule, she looks fine now hurry the fuck up you, dumb bitches."
Non-other than Skiavo announced .

I was shoved out of the room and pulled down the hall into an escalator which was going rather slow , the second the doors opens I was shoved, yet again, down another hall and into what looked like the back stage of a theatre hall .

It was dark and you could see all the different hybrids , werewolves,fairy's hustling about , I even noticed A couple of humans that looked at me longingly and in awe, hell most of the women looked at me in awe . Obviously my self-esteem was boosted but the sad reality was I didn't choose to be here , they, on the other hand, look like they wished to be here.
I ignored some of the Judgemental stares I was reviving and followed the purples to a scaly brown woman who was short and round she looked half amphibian half-human which believed it or not was a very common mix in the room .

I don't know what human though fucking lizards and dragons was a good idea but they sure put it into practice.

"I'm alza" she smiled displaying her sharp teeth , a vine popped into my head but I kept my laughter at pay as I smiled back at her

"You can leave her with me , now kavoots," she instructed them and then looks back at me, give me another one of her sharp smilies.

"Your miss Amber and you will be King Sins new little gift."

I nodded and replied with a shrug ," don't look so down there, you are going to have a lot of fun if you behave yourself and don't try sleep with Skiavo like the other one did." She chuckled, at my fake gag at the mention of sleeping with the beast.

" I'm not gonna be sleeping with anyone, trust me ."

" oh but dear , you know not to make promises you're not going to keep," she whispers , " from what I've heard the kings packing." She gave me a wink and a little nudge.

I laugh and shake my head , " I am not here to sleep with the king that's the Queens job."

She looks at me for a long hard seconds and winks .

She then grabs my hand and leads me behind a black glass where I could see a large gathering, I thought I was dreaming but she confirms what I was seeing ,

" yes dear you are in hell ,"
she chuckles, " now don't worry it's not that bad , you get to live up here where the royalty is kept away from the flames and heat, down there we have the royalty and the maleficent class, that's why you see people like Hitler and Romulus Augustus chilling down there ."

Anger boils up within me , people like them don't deserve to be a big dinner party's like this , " oh don't hassle yourself dear trust me they're being treated as badly as hell can provide, this is just a special night for hell, this week actually is very important since the triplets were born one day after each other."

I feel my nose flare but I decided to calm myself down , I noted how running away now seemed basically impossible with people like that running around on the streets and with me basically being in hell.

"What do I do?" I asked bluntly.

"It's very simple dear, you just walk down the staircase on the third drum beats and wait there at the bottom of the first flight for a minute, so the crowd can see the next gift. Then at the sound of the trumpets you walk down the second flight of stairs where the giant crow will be awaiting for you, Skiavo and  Servante will lift you onto the crow and you will fly up to the third floor where the king will pick you up and sit you next to him - if he accepts you obviously."

My breath hitches "what do you mean if he accepts me?"

" he did not select you- I mean he did but ....he's technically never seen you before only received dreams and messages about you. In the very small likely hood that he doesn't except you-"

" you get chucked over the balcony and the crowd fight over you ." An emotionless voice added from behind me , I didn't even turn to see who it was , I just shut my eyes and tried my best not to crumble. " OH NO DEARR, don't you shake like this, it's only ever happened once in the space of 6 centuries, and you,my dear are the 666 gift. You are special."

I open my mouth to say something but the light drum starts and the black glass starts to slide open , everyone behind me disappears and I'm left at the top of the staircase in basically lingerie As hundreds and thousands of eyes looked up at me .

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ sᴏʀʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀɴʏ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs ɪ ᴅɪᴅɴᴛ ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ♡︎PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE , IT HELPS MY STORY GAIN RECOGNITION 🥺