Chapter 1: Fresh Start

Saturday, February 20, 1999
Titan tower 18:25

*Raven POV*

"Pleeeeease!" Garfield begged, incessantly. "Please, can I come with you?! I've ALLLLWAYS wanted to go to Gotham!" He exclaimed in his usual, shrieking, pubescent tone.

"Beast Boy! Enough! Leave Raven alone. This is something she has to do on her own," Dick said, coming to my rescue, yet again. Or rather Garfield's, as I was feeling like strangling him to shut him up; not literally, of course, but he really does know how to push people's buttons.

"Thank you, Rob. I'm glad someone here knows how to respect my personal space," I say as Robin walks over to stand beside be, getting ready to bid me goodbye, before I leave to temporarily live in Gotham City for the second time in my life.

"Sorry, Ray-Ray. I just really want to see Gotham. Plus, we're all going to miss you." Garfield apologized. He really has started to mature. When we first met, he would have cried that it was unfair; now he's apologizing, when he's in the wrong, like a mature adult.

"It's okay Garfield, but Robin's right. I have to do this on my own. Also, you know I despise that nickname. If you are going to use one, stick to one "Ray", please." I swear I've told him and Victor at least a hundred times how annoying that nickname is.

"Sorry, Ray!" He apologized again, but used a childish and giggly sounding tone; making Dick and I roll our eyes, and Victor and Koriand'r laugh. Even though he has indeed matured, he's still practically a child compared to the rest of us. Even five-year-old me was more mature than he acts!

This reminded me of when I first brought up this idea to the team, a week ago, and all that had happened in the time after the defeat of Trigon the Terrible.