Chapter 9: Of Dahlias and Blueberry Bushes

Thursday, February 25, 1999
Wayne Manor 08:30

*Raven POV*

I woke up feeling sluggish and turn to look at my electronic alarm clock. The dim red numbers staring back at me. I close my eyes, allowing myself to nod back off, in order to get back to the blissful dream I was having. 'What was I dreaming about? There was a dark blue sky, and warmth, and pink cotton tickling my chin... or was it hair. Jinx has pink cotton hair. ...Jinx!' Was my thought process, right before bolting up out of bed; immediately regretting it as I trip over the blankets tangled around my legs and land hard on my rear end.

'For a girl who can fly and levitate, you're not very good at remembering to do it when you need to. Azar, falling on you're a** is definitely a wake up call,' I think to myself, bitterly. I use my telekinesis to untangle the blankets and remake my bed.

Making my bed in the mornings always gives me a small sense of accomplishment, even if I sometimes cheat and use my powers to do it.

I get ready for the day and head downstairs to grab some food. My stomach yelling at me the whole way. When I get to the kitchen I see a note on the counter, addressed to me:

"Raven,

I see that you've slept in, very unusual for you. If there's anything you need to talk about, I'm always here for you.

You're breakfast is in the microwave (awful thing that) though it might be cold when you get to it. Don't forget to clean whatever dishes you use, young lady! I may be your butler, but I'm still your father.

   Xoxo, Alfred."

I smile while reading the note and laugh at the reminder to clean the dishes. When I first came to the Wayne Manor, all those years ago, I constantly left dishes in the sink instead of washing them. And it's not like I knew what a dishwasher was, as I came from an old world planet.

Opening the microwave I spot one of my favorite breakfast dishes. Blueberry and chocolate chip pancakes with a side of breakfast sausage and bacon.

I pull out two pans from one of the many cupboards, how I remember where everything is is beyond me, and reheat by breakfast on it. Thankfully, I can actually cook really well because Father taught me how.

Once my food is warm again I cut up some strawberries to add on top of my pancakes. With my food ready, I sit at the island counter and just as I'm about to dig in, my phone dings with a text notification. Looking at my phone I'm glad I haven't taken a bite yet, as I'm sure I would have choked in surprise.

From: PrettyPinkBootyCall
"Good morning. Sleep in late, dreaming about me? Anyways, I'm still waiting on that timeframe to see you tomorrow."

'This woman is going to be the death of me' I think to myself, blushing at the fact that I was, indeed, dreaming about her.

Deciding to ignore the question I reply: "Good morning. How does 0930 sound?" I then send a follow up text saying: "Also, I'm going to change your contact name."

I eat my breakfast while we continue texting.

From: PrettyPinkBootyCall
"That sounds great! Oh, what are you going to change it to then?"

"Um. Your name?"

From: PrettyPinkBootyCall
"Thanks lame. How about giving me a nickname? Plus I'm sure your titan buddies would raise a few eyebrows if they ever saw my name popping up on your phone"

"I didn't even think about that. What's my name on yours then?"

"How about... Dahlia?"

From: PrettyPinkBootyCall
"Like the flower? That's sweet!"
"Hehehe. It's 'Blueberry bush'"

"Yes. So, that's fine then?"
"..."

From: Dahlia
"That's perfect."
"I'm sorry, I have to go now.But I'll see you tomorrow!"

"See you tomorrow."

With our conversation ending there, I finish my breakfast and clean all my dishes, with a large smile on my face.

I spend the rest of my day visiting my planets and subjects. All is in order and some planets are even progressing ahead of schedule. I can only imagine the vast amounts of life that once inhabited these planets. They must have been beautiful.

As I arrive on my 27th (and final living) planet, my border detection spells flare, informing me of life source(s) heading into the atmosphere of this same planet. Teleporting near the landing site the life is heading to, I see 3 space ships landing in a 'V' formation. Each large enough to comfortably hold 20 people. The two ends are a silvery-turquoise color while the leading ship is a sky blue.

Watching the ships carefully I stay in the air, a good distance away and watch as the leading ship opens a hatch that will allow its occupants to step out.