Chapter 3: Rachel Roth-Pennyworth

Saturday, February 20, 1999
Titans tower Present/18:25

*Raven POV*

Her planets have progressed nicely and all of her team supports her decision to find her mother's family; though both Koriand'r and Dick are greatly concerned for her due to her empathetic abilities being around a large group of people. Not to mention that a large percentage of said people are psychopaths and petty criminals.

Raven reassured them that she now has better control and can focus her empath powers enough to feel only specific emotions. Or even turn it completely off for a few hours at a time. Koriand'r, understanding how great of an accomplishment that is, congratulated her with a strong, but cautious of her own strength, hug and a suggestion of celebration. Raven accepted and the team went out for pizzas and ice creams.

Now, however, it is time for Raven to set off on her path. The team told her goodbye, with a group hug from everyone and Dick pulling her aside to remind her that she was "welcome back home anytime" and that his "little aunt would be greatly missed". He had starting affectionately calling her that, in private, ever since being temporarily reverted to a five year old child.

She flew to the roof where she opened a portal to Wayne manor. Where, unbeknownst to anyone, but the Boy Wonder, awaited her legal guardian and temporary place of residence.

[(A/N) Remember ppl, this is an AU.]

Not many knew, but when Raven first arrived on earth, she was found by Alfred Thaddeus Crane Pennyworth: butler and godfather of 'Billionaire Playboy and Genius Inventor' Bruce Wayne. She had a mental breakdown when she first arrived on earth, attracting the attention of Alfred who had been out getting groceries for the manor, and heard the sounds of her powers going haywire.

He managed to calm her down, after sustaining a bruising hit to the gut from the lid of an exploding trashcan, thanks to Raven's powers, and took her to Wayne Manor in order to clean up and eat. When she was all cleaned up and had finished her helping of food, she proceeded to answer all of Alfred's questions with complete honesty; after feeling that he was only concerned and wanted to, unselfishly, help the, seemingly, parent-less and terrified, adolescent girl.

Alfred then spent a week getting to know the girl better and didn't even bat an eye when learning of her heritage and where she was raised. He even offered to become her legal guardian. She accepted, though she still called him "Mr. Pennyworth" and by the middle of the 2nd month Alfred.

She spent another 3 months with him before the emotions and thoughts of the large city's inhabitants became to stressful and tiring. During that time, she did learn of Mr. Wayne's superhero alias, but he wasn't around the manor much and when he was, he spent most of that time underground. She had to leave though. And though Alfred was sad she had to leave, he knew she'd be in capable hands with "young Master Grayson".

Raven arrived in front of the gate and was greeted by a sight she had greatly missed. "Father!" She greeted happily, bringing tears of joy to the large-smiling, aged butler. She ran towards him and gently incased him in a loving hug. "I've missed you so much! And I've so much to tell you!"

"I've missed you too, my little bird. I've missed you too. Now, why don't you join me inside for some tea and tell me everything," Alfred said softly, but with obvious excitement and joy in his tone, as held out his arm to escort his adopted daughter into the manor.

She smiled wider, her happiness increased at the feeling of his own. She linked her arm with the one he offered, before starting her tale as they starting walking to her second Earth home.