Chapter 11: Cantar

Thursday, February 25, 1999
Skaath 27th planet 16:23

*Raven POV*

As I arrive on my 27th (and final living) planet, my border detection spells flare, informing me of life source(s) heading into the atmosphere of this same planet. Teleporting near the landing site the life is heading to, I see 3 space ships landing in a 'V' formation. Each large enough to comfortably hold 20 people. The two ends are a silvery-turquoise color while the leading ship is a sky blue.

Watching the ships carefully I stay in the air, a good distance away and watch as the leading ship opens a hatch that will allow its occupants to step out.

Out step these nude, tall, gray-blue beings. The only one with any clothes on is surrounded by a circle of slightly more muscular versions of these... aliens. 'The one with clothing is obviously in a position of leadership' I think to myself as I see them looking around in both wonder and suspicion.

'I guess I should introduce myself' I decide as I levitate a good ten feet in front of them, hood down and arms raised ninety degrees in a placating manor. 'Though I'm unsure how these aliens will take this sign.'

They all turn to face me in unison as they notice me approaching, making their protective circle tighter around their leader. They obviously care a lot about them.

"Please, I mean no harm. Do any of you speak English?" I ask in hopes to avoid an unnecessary confrontation.

"I do," I hear an ethereal voice come from the center of the alien barricade. I see two clothed arms raise palms up and then lower back down slowly so that the palms face ground-wards. The 'barricade' lowers as all, but the leader, face said-leader and lower to one knee; all beings moving in unison.

'Either they've had many years of practice or are telepathically connected in order to move so perfectly in synchronization' I think to myself mildly shocked, but my face impassive from a lifetime of practice.

Only to have shock displayed on my face when the voice moves from vibrations in the air to a psychic wave in my brain. "Both," it says.

So surprised all I can say is, "Oh."

"Please, do not fear us. We aren't hear to harm; we only wished to reclaim our home," they said.

"This planet was once your home?"

"Yes. My people were once a large and bright occupant on this very planet. Though it appears much has changed since we were last here. We were surprised that there was any form of life left after-" the being's voice cracks at the end, obvious heartbreak at the loss of their entire home. I don't need to be an Empath to feel the pain radiating off of all of the beings in front of me.

I think for a while on how to help relieve some of their distress and immediately realize the best way.

"Well then, I'm glad to be the one to welcome you back to your home. I'll return the planet to your possession."

Immediately shock radiant off of them with some fear and suspicion from a few here and there.

"Impossible, all beings know this land belongs to the Demon Lord Skaath, Trigon the Terrible." One of them, the one closest to the leader says in shock and anger.

"It did, then I became mine: Demon Lord Skaath, Raven, half-demon. And now it belongs to you.."

"We are Cantarians, and this is our home of Cantar-," the leader says with authority and gratitude.

Then shocking me most of all they all turn to me and fall back to one knee, except the leader who bows at the waist and say "and we are eternally greatful to you, Lord Raven the Prosperous."

'I guess I have an official title now,... I think.'

"You do indeed," the leader relays psychically with a whimsical giggle at the end.

"Please rise, there is no need to bow, after all, it was my dreadful Sire that did such destruction in the first place; ...I could never repay you for that," I say in sadness.

"It was not your fault and you had many years yet until you were even born. You had nothing to repay; even if you did, you already have. Our planet is once more full of life and thought the vegetation is different, it is life." The leader said. "We are thankful," all the others said in unison.

"I just wish there was more I could do for all that that monster took. There was only pain and death left in his wake and so many other planets, homes, that were broken beyond repair," I said, despondent.

"And have you help all that could be helped, to the best of your capabilities?" The leader asked, voicing doubt.

"Of course I have, there's nothing more I can do," I respond with a tone of anger in my voice at the doubt in my resolve to right Trigon's wrongs.

Though that only seems to appease the leader. "Then you have done more than enough, Lord Raven."

"I-." I'm frozen, shocked, and surprised at this being's words.

"My lord, if I may?"

"Please, no "Lord". I'm Raven. Raven 'Rachael' Roth. And you may speak freely."

"I am... well in English I'd be Carter a gender neutral name that would sound similar when translated from our ancient language. And if you truly wish to 'repay' us, we will always accept help in maintaining the new life of this planet. We would like if you were a... partner in leading this planet, of sorts. A "Co-leader" in your tongue."

"I-" I attempt to decline only to be interrupted.

"It would be an offense to not accept" the leader says in a joking manor, but there is an obvious seriousness behind their words and in the expressions in everyone else's faces as well.

"This won't be done through a political marriage would it?" I ask seriously my mind wondering to the pink-haired, trouble maker before I could stop it.

"Of course not." The leader dissuades. "Though it seems you already have a partner in mind."

The entire group giggles at this, making me blush. "I might, though it is new and unlikely."

Sensing my uncomfortableness at the topic they quickly return to the topic at hand. "However, I do ask that you allow us to mentor you and your powers. They are stronger than you realize. We would like to help you hone them."

"I'd love that. It has been many years since I've had a teacher who could help me through personal experience and expertise. For several years I've had books and teachings from second-hand experiencers."

"Then it is settled," the leader takes on a playful look, "Lord Raven."

"So it seems, Lord Carter." Feeling I slight pull of my magic, I can feel someone trying to summon me. It's probably Father wanting me to eat dinner. I had lunch on with fruits and vegetables from some of my other planets, and packed proteins from home. "I apologize, I must return to my own home now, though I will see you in seven days, my planets time."

"We will train twice a month, your planet's time, beginning at your next visit. Until then, Lord Raven."

"Until then Lord Carter. Please all of you, this is your home you are more than free to settle as you please and learn of the new life here. It comes from my home so feel free to ask me any questions you have when I return," I announce before accepting the summons and appear in the Wayne manor.

"Hello, little bird. Wash up for dinner and then tell me about your day. I can tell you have much to discuss," Father says. I was right.

"Of course Father, and yes, there is much to tell you about. All amazing things though."

"I'm glad little bird. I'll meet you ate the table in an hour so you have time to clean up. And your brother is here for dinner tonight unless something urgent arrives, then I'm sure they'd all love your help if you want."

"Ok Father." I say before leaving to my room to shower and redress.