Chapter 3

Jimin's smirk widened into a smile, and you were sure he chuckled lightly.

"I don't know what a brass monkey is," he replied.

"Well, apparently, it's crucial to know when you're getting into the strip club business."

"Is that the kind of research you came for?"

"That, and to figure out what the heck and Iron X is."

"Well, what you've been told isn't accurate to run a proper business."

"What do you see as crucial, then?" you asked as you took another sip of your martini.

"Business is about knowing when to be the good guy and when to be the bad guy. Whose toes to step on and whose to avoid."

"Mmm," you nodded, even though you weren't sure what he was saying.

"How often does one need to be the bad guy?"

"I'd rather not talk about business right now."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'll get out of your hair then."

"No, please. I'd much rather you stay. Entertain me for a bit."

You looked exaggeratingly around the strip club. "Are you not entertained?"

"Not without you."

You thanked the fates that the club was dimly lit since you were pretty sure you were blushing.

"How can I entertain you, then?" you mentally kicked yourself as you laced your words with a little too much honey.

"How about, you start by telling me a little more about yourself?" You suddenly felt something over your bare thighs. You looked down and saw Jimin's hand had found its way to your lap. The pads of his fingertips were now languidly dancing across your flesh, creating a wake of goosebumps. Your body stiffened again.

"I... I mean there's not much to tell..."

"I'm sure that isn't true," his hand began to creep higher to the hem of your skirt. You felt your groin begin to tingle as they trailed further north towards it. For a moment, you wanted him to keep going. You watched his face as he did, but then, Jinhyun's boisterous laughter became painfully audible and you remembered why you couldn't.

"Please don't," you whispered to him, although it wasn't at all convincing – Jimin's grin told you as much.

"Why not?"

"Because we work together."

"Really? Is that all?" he looked past you to your friends partying at the booth. "Or are you afraid of what they'd think?"

"That's not it," you snapped, offended by his implication.

"Then what?"

"It wouldn't be appropriate."

"Hmm," Jimin nodded, his lips curved slightly as if he were about to mock you.

"Hmm, what?"

"I just find it interesting."

"How?"

"That you haven't mentioned your boyfriend yet."

"I..." you began, but you didn't know what to say. You were caught – even though you didn't mean to hide it. "I... yes. I have a boyfriend. That's why."

"How long have you two been together?"

"Umm... seven years."

"Is it serious?"