Chapter 6

Your mouth fell open and your eyes widened. You were caught. Jimin looked back at you, a salacious heat and mockery behind his glare.

"I... excuse me?"

"You heard me."

"Are you having me followed?!" you shrieked at him.

"You took my car to that guy's house. I didn't need to follow you," he took a casual sip of his wine. "If you didn't want me to know, then perhaps next time you should be a little more fucking discrete."

You were shocked to say the least and weren't sure what to say to him. You felt a sense of guilt, but also a sense of defensiveness. Who did this guy think he was?

"So... did you?" Jimin asked again.

"That is none of your business!"

"No? You're kissing me and running back to him – I'd say that's my business."

"It's not," you stood up from the island and grabbed a hold of your purse.

"Where are you going?"

"I should have never kissed you. I shouldn't even be here with you now."

"But you are here. Why?"

"I don't know, Jimin. I guess I wanted to see you and talk to you about that night."

"And to be sure I don't tell your boyfriend that you kissed me?" he seethed. "Make sure that your plaything doesn't ruin your perfect little world and your perfect little reputation?"

An unrivaled anger swept over you. How dare he accuse you of such things? He had you all wrong.

"Plaything? Are you serious? You've been toying with me since the moment we met. In a week my entire life has been turned upside down because of you and now you accuse me of using you? Fuck you!"

You often didn't swear out loud but the words spilling from your lips felt remarkably good. You turned from him and stomped out of the kitchen as you tried to find your way towards the exit.

"Hey, hey," Jimin abandoned the food and chased you out of the kitchen. He caught up to you quickly and grabbed a hold of your elbow to stop you, but you shook him off. He jumped in front of you, blocking your path, and raised his hands in the air in surrender. "Hey, stop. Please."

"What?!"

"Don't go."

"I have no reason to stay."

"Then stay because I want you to stay."

"Well, I don't care what you want," you ducked around him and moved down the hall. He let you pass but followed behind you as you made your way towards the door. When you reached it, you were at a loss. Somewhere along the way you had hoped he would have stopped you again, apologized, and said the right thing, convinced you to stay. But he didn't.

Your hand reached for the handle and you flung open the door.

"Y/N," he finally called to you. You swung around to look at him.

"What?"

He stood stoic, calm. His hands dipped into his pockets and his nose pointed upwards in arrogance. The scene pissed you off even more.

"If you walk out that door... you won't be coming back here. Do you understand?"

"Ha!" you scoffed, now angrier than ever. "Get over yourself, Jimin."

With that, you stepped into the hall and turned to slam the door behind you. But before you did, you looked up to him one more time.

"By the way... he's not my boyfriend anymore."