Chapter 4

You stepped out of the club and Jimin was right behind you.

"My car is ready," he said, but you ignored him and turned right and started walking down the street. He was stunned for a moment, but then waved his driver off and in a few long strides caught up to you.

"Where are we going?" he asked.

"I'm hungry. Someone called me during my lunch break, so I didn't get to eat," you replied as you threw him a side eye.

Minutes later, you were seated on the patio of a small restaurant looking over the menu. Jimin looked the place over with a barely noticeable scowl across his face. This wasn't the type of "luxury" he was used too.

"I was going to take you somewhere nice," he said as he eyed the plastic tablecloths and dollar store candle holders.

"No need. This place is nice," you replied, ignoring his pretentiousness and continuing to look over the menu. "What are you going to get."

"I'm afraid to try the salmon."

"Get it. Trust me. You'll be safe."

His lips formed a thin line, but in the end, he ordered a bowl of pasta instead. You decided on the salmon.

Some time later, you were overlooking two empty plates and a half-eaten basket of bread. You were stuffed.

"Can I get you two anything else?" the waiter asked as he cleared away the plates.

"A bottle of Chardonnay, please," Jimin replied before you had the chance to say 'no.'

"It's Monday night."

"I'll give you tomorrow off if things get too crazy," he winked. You bit down on your tongue to try to prevent yourself from another uncontrollable blush. God, why did he have this hold over you?

"It was good, right?" you redirected him back to the food.

"Yeah, actually. I'm surprised."

"Great. Because I have good news for you."

"What's that?"

"The chef. He's Cordon Bleu educated and he's feeling... restless, let's say with his current position."

"You brought me here to talk about business?"

"Why else do you think I'm spending time with you?" you fired back. Jimin fiddled idly with his wine glass and shot you a crooked smirk. "Anyway, he's looking for a new endeavour. Somewhere where the restaurant owner will give him a little more creative freedom. Something a little higher end. If you play your cards right, we might be able to head-hunt him and have him lead your new restaurant."

"You're persistent."

"I told you, Jimin, I'm busy. I'm a business woman. I don't have time for anything else." His eyes flitted up and down you quickly, and he smirked again. It seemed he found everything you said to be somehow suggestive.

"Stop that," you sighed.

"Stop what?"

"You know what. This is just business, Jimin. Nothing else."

"I don't want it to be just business between us."

"Why? You hardly know me."

"Then tell me about yourself," he leaned in across the table. You unconsciously sat back in your chair, as if he was getting to close to you. "We should get to know each other regardless."

"Why did you send me flowers?"

"Because I'm courting you."

"Ha!" you scoffed. "Courting? You have a funny way of doing that."