Chapter 17

The next few days were insufferable. You felt as if you were on lock down – a prisoner in your own home. Your father insisted on you two carpooling together each morning and at the end of each shift. And in the evenings, you wouldn't leave the house for fear he would suspect what was true. He even piled on additional work and meetings, making it impossible to escape for a long lunch break to meet Jimin. The only thing you had to satiate yourself was your late-night calls and phone sex. This wasn't exactly how you wanted your first week of a relationship to go. You felt like a Juliet. Thank goodness for the upcoming party – except that your parents planned to be in attendance as well.

"This is ridiculous," you complained to Jimin over the phone. "I'm a grown woman."

"Just tell him. When you stop hiding it, he won't have any hold over you."

"Oh, yes he will," you fired back. "You don't know him. He'll find a way. He's always found a way."

"I need to see you."

You laid awake again that night – 2 A.M. – frustrated and aggravated, contemplating what you should do. That's when you felt your phone vibrate and Jimin's name popped up on the screen.

"Hello?"

"I'm outside."

"What are you doing?" you rushed to the window but saw nothing but trees.

"Come meet me. I'm parked on the north side."

You prepared yourself to scold him and send him packing, but you were far too excited to see him again. So, in an instant your mind changed, and you ran to your closet.

"Gimme five minutes. Keep your lights off."

You shoved yourself into a pair of jeans and a sweater, then crept out into the hall – being sure not to be caught by the housekeeper. You made your exit out the east garden door and took off across the lawn towards the gate – avoiding the prying eyes of the house.

You turned the corner and looked for Jimin's black car – but you didn't see one. Instead, you found a red Ferrari – and in an instant you knew it was him. You walked up to the passenger's side and knocked on the window. Jimin turned his head and looked at you – a wide smile spreading across his face..

"Did you win this back from Gord?" you asked as you opened the door and climbed inside

"Let's just say he let me borrow it."

"Are we gonna take it for a spin?"

"We are."

"Great," you reached for your seatbelt.

"Hey," Jimin stopped you.

"What?"

"Gimme a kiss first."

You sniffed out a smile, then – releasing the belt from your hand – you stretched across the seat and grabbed a hold of his face, pressing your lips against his for a much needed, passionate kiss. He received you right away, moulding his lips around yours, sucking harsh like he was desperate to taste you, to feel you again. You were desperate too. You didn't realize how badly you missed his lips. How badly your body missed his body. You wanted to wrap yourself around him right there – but you were still parked outside your parent's house.

"Fuck, I needed that," Jimin awed.

"I missed you too, baby," you smirked then sat yourself back in your seat and buckled in.

Forty-five minutes later, you were talking and laughing your way through the countryside as the Ferrari zipped along the darkened highway. You didn't know where you were going – and you didn't care. For all you knew Jimin was taking you to live on a remote island, and in that moment, you might have let him. But he wasn't. Soon enough, he pulled into some obscure parking lot in the middle of nowhere surrounded by trees. You thought you saw a sign for a hiking trail.