Chapter 20

One hand behind his head, Jimin was propped casually against the headboard of his bed. Your body lay softly across the length of his, your breast pressed against his stomach, and your legs so entwined that you didn't know where he ended, and you began.

It had been nearly three days you spent like this. In his bed which had become your living room and your restaurant as neither of you could find it in yourselves to leave.

"When do you think they're going to come looking for us?" you peered up at him, drawing your fingers across the sharp features of his face while his free hand lazily stroked your back.

"Is it too much to ask that they never come?"

"I think so, unfortunately," you giggled. "I can't imagine what it's going to look like when I turn my phone back on. I've probably got 500 missed calls from my father alone."

"What are you going to do about him?"

You sighed as you thought. You didn't want to think about what your father would say after all this – but Jimin was right. You had to face him eventually.

"I think, it's probably time I start looking to buy my own place."

"That's your answer? Just move?"

"I can't go back to living the way I did – walking on eggshells the whole time. I don't want to sneak around with you anymore. Besides... I'm probably too old to be living with them anyway."

"Why don't you just move in here?" he said it so nonchalantly you weren't sure you had heard him right.

"You want me to move in with you?"

He shrugged as if it was no big deal.

"Wow," you laughed. "You and I don't move the way others do, do we?"

"There's nothing conventional about you and me. Why should we try to start now?"

"Hmm," you sighed and rolled over onto your back, resting your head on his shoulder as he kissed your hair. "I don't know. I've always dreamed of having my own place. Decorating it. Making it my own. Your house is so..." you wave your hand in front of your face. "...manly."

"You can decorate it any way you want, princess."

You smiled as you looked around the room... considering his proposal. Imagining what you would do to change this quintessential bachelor pad into a place for two.

"Can I think about it?"

"Of course," he said as you felt him take a deep sniff of your hair. "On another subject, my father and his wife have another party coming this weekend. I have to go – I want you to come with me."

"Of course... oh!" you jumped as you sat up in bed. "I forgot!"

"What?" he smiled, bemused by your sudden outburst.

"Just a minute," you said as you slipped his shirt on over your shoulders. You made your way across the vast room and into his closet, returning with a grey box wrapped in a black ribbon - his nearly forgotten birthday present.

"I never got to give you this. It was for your birthday," you mused as you placed the box on his lap and crawled back into bed, draping yourself over his shoulder, kissing his neck as he fumbled with the ribbon.

You watched as he pulled the lid off, then unfolded the tissue paper inside, until finally the contents were revealed.

The first thing he noticed was the blindfold. Black. He pulled it from the box and admired its silky texture.

What a cliché, you scolded yourself, but that didn't mean the cliché didn't excite you. He then looked back in and saw identical pieces of thin black rope, pulling one from the box to inspect it.