[6] A million knots

I sat at the cafeteria with Alice again. A big part of me wanting to tell her everything about yesterday. It was all I wanted to talk about to be honest. But she was quite Judgy sometimes, and I knew she wouldn't really care.

We sat in silence eating like there was some tension between us, but as far as I was aware there wasn't.

"Hey, where were you last night?" She asked me randomly.

Did I tell her, did I lie?

"Oh, I was at billies." I truthfully answered.

"Billies?" She asked with wide eyes. I nodded.

"Yeah, he invited me over to meet his friends," I told her.

"You was supposed to come to mine yesterday Remember Marsha? Wednesday? Our day? The day my moms at work and you normally stop the night?"

Oh fuck. How could I of forgotten?

"Oh my god, Alice I'm so sorry. My heads been everywhere this week I've honestly just lost track of the days." I apologized sincerely putting my hand on her arm. I wasn't a bad friend. I didn't do this a lot, in fact, this was the first time.

So she smiled at me with a forgiving look. "It's, it's okay. I just don't wanna suddenly lose you to Billie Joe," she laughed.

"Oh no! You won't I swear!"

Suddenly I heard someone come up behind me. I looked behind me to see-

"Hey Marsha." Tre grinned.

"Oh hi Tre, how are you?"

He nodded. "I'm good, who's this?" He asked with his eyes glued to Alice. Alice smiled lightly.

"This is my best friend Alice, Alice this is Tre. Billies friend." I explained. He came and sat down next to her.

"Well hello," he smiled. They began to talk, Alice didn't look uncomfortable or anything. She seemed to enjoy Tres company. But as they chattered away I was knocked out the conversation. That was until-

"Hi Mike." I smiled. Tre and Alice looked over.

"Hey Marsha, Tre I've been looking for you. What are you doing?"

"I'm talking to Alice." He smiled innocently gesturing over beside him to Alice with his hands.

"Alice?" Mike repeated questionably.

"Hi." Alice greeted.

Tre moved up and patted for Mike to take the seat next to him. He did and sat between me and Tre as Tre turned back around and talked to Alice.

"So how are you Marsha?" Mike asked me.

"I'm good, I'm good." I wanted to bring up what he and Tre were talking about yesterday in the other room. But I don't know if that was gonna be the right decision to make.

"Are you sure? You look a bit spaced out?" He asked a little concerned. "Are you high?"

Fuck it, "What- no! Mike, Can I ask you something?"

He nodded.

"I wasn't over listening or anything, I was sat in silence and all I could hear was you and Tre speaking. But I just overheard a bit of the start of the conversation and I was wondering. Am I making the right decision being friends with Billie?" I asked him.

He looked at me and smiled. "It's okay if you overheard. It's just, well. Billie has always been a ladies man y'know, but not in that way. He's always been a-," he sniggered. "-Prove your not gay and run away type of guy." He explained.

I nodded. Listening.

"He's never really had a whole lot of experience talking to girls he actually really likes."

"Likes?" I repeated confused.

"Oh shit- no no. I didn't mean like. I mean, just in general." He quickly corrected himself. I smirked but let him carry on. "So if he does do anything wrong. In advance, I apologise. But I have noticed he's been different with you than he has with the other girls." He told me.

"Is that good or bad?"

"Good, I think?" He guessed.

"Hey guys." I heard Billie say from behind me.

"Speaking of the devil," Mike muttered only for me to hear. I laughed as Billie sat down on the other side of me and Mike turned around to join in on Tre and Alices conversation.

"Hi Billie." I turned to him smiling.

"Well hello there."

"How was dealing with them two yesterday?" I asked him.

"Annoying. The usual y'know." He smiled sort of laughing. I laughed more than he did.

"You do say y'know a whole lot Billie joe." I Smiled.

"Cute you picked up on that," he smirked getting just a few inches closer to my face. I felt my stomach do the double knot thing again.

"Erm- well- I-I-" he cut me off as I stuttered for something to say.

"You busy tonight?"

"Erm, no, not at all. Why?" I smiled.

"Would you like to come over?"

"Band practice?"

"Well," he smirked. "I was thinking just me and you?"

"Oh I-" I felt myself blush.

"Miss Brooks are you blushing?" He asked me.

"No!" I said turning away from him. He kept his face in front of mine as he moved it with me.

"You are! Well, would you like to?"

I let myself have a second to let my face go to its original colour. "I guess I could take some time in my schedule for you." I Smiled.

"That's good, I was beginning to worry you would say no." He smirked. My stomach just had been knotted into a million knots by now, butterflies crawling up the walls of my stomach. He kept his eyes on Me. His big bright green eyes, looking closely at me. It was somewhat intimidating but at the same time flattering.

The bell went as I stood up, he stood up too not breaking eye contact.

"Will you stop!" I giggled. "That's getting too much for me."

"What this?" He asked putting his face closer to mine Widening his eyes.

"Stop!" I squeaked. "You're gonna be the death of me Armstrong."

He picked me up by round my waist and lifted me off the floor as I squealed.

"Put me down!" I kicked laughing hysterically. I looked down a bit to his face.

"I would prefer if you didn't die, I wouldn't wanna miss our date later."

"You didn't tell me it was a date," I smiled feeling my face heat up.

"Well your face is blushing an awful lot so I'm guessing you don't mind, but I'm telling you it's a date now. So will I see you later?"

I sighed. "You've got a date," I smiled. I watched his smirk turn to the famous crooked grin of his "I'll be there at eight Armstrong. Now put me down!"