[46] Preperation for Prom

"Okay so we open our eyes on one," I heard Alice's voice say. My eyes were covered by my hands and it took everything in me not to peak at her prom dress she had on ready for prom.

"Okay, I got it,"

"Alright,"

"Three," we counted together. "Two.... one!"

My hands left my face as I opened my eyes and looked over at Alice. As Alice looked at me.

I gawked are her dress. It was absolutely beautiful and it was so.... it was so her.

It was a beautiful light blue shade, the skirt of the dress reaching down to the floor and the bottom was frilly and sparky. With normal simple sleeves attached. Her hair was up in a messy but adorable bun with two loose pieces hanging in front of her face.

"You look beautiful," I complimented her.

"Your dress!" She squealed. "I love it!"

"You do!?"

"Yes! It's so you!"

"I love yours!" I squealed back as we hugged tight. It was nice to be girly for a moment.

Once we pulled away I got one last long look at her. And she looked down at me.

"It really sucks mike and Billie can't come with us," she sighed after a moment.

I nodded in agreement. "I know, at least we have each other now,"

"At least," she smiled. "Now come on! I get to do your make up!"

"What now!?"

"Yeah! Prom is in a few hours! Come on! Sit down!" She smiled as she dragged me over to a wooden chair at her make up vanity in her bedroom. I looked over at myself in the mirror as she began to set a load of makeup in front of me.

Pallets of eyeshadow, lipsticks, lip glosses, lip scrubs, false eyelashes, mascara, brushes, bronzers, foundations, beauty blenders and many more products.

I was pretty much a simple girl when it came to my looks. As long as my outfit is good, I'm good.

At most I'll put a little bit of mascara on. Alice was a little different. She was talented with makeup, very much so. But she never wore it. Unless on special occasions like... nights out, Christmas and all that.

"See anything that catches your eye?" She asked standing behind me as I saw her face in the mirror. I shook my head honestly quite clueless. "Nothing at all?"

"Nope, you choose,"

"Alright- but if you don't like it! Tell me while I'm doing it, that way we can save time and start again," she explained as she began to pick up certain pieces of makeup.

After what felt like an eternity of being screamed at by Alice for 'stay still', 'you're not facing me', 'stop fidgeting', 'you made me mess up' and other kinds of telling off. She decided she was finished as she stepped back and looked over at me. She smiled to herself happy with it before nodding, giving me the signal I could look for myself too.

I turned away from her and looked forward into the mirror as Alice came up behind me excited to see my facial expressions reacting to her make up.

"So...?" She asked me biting back a smile on her Lips. "What do you think?"

I looked closely at myself.

"I love it,"

"You do!?"

I turned around to look at her smiling. "Yes!" I shouted standing up out of my chair and hugging her.

She pulled away and look at me for a minute. "I can't believe prom is in like- an hour,"

"I know, I've been stressing so much about this day and now it's like- well it's today, y'know? Its here,"

"You nervous?"

"I wouldn't say nervous, more..."

"...disappointed?"

I nodded biting my lip. "Yeah. Don't get me wrong I'm so thankful to go to prom with you. But I mean- it's nice to have y'know your boyfriend or girlfriend there for that special dance. Or to just be with them." I breathed out lightly to her.

"Trust me I know," she smiled. I knew she knew because I saw the understanding in her eyes. She truly did feel like another person.

"I bet you wanted to go with mike huh,"

"Really badly, I know we weren't together as long as you and Billie and we had that big blip when we broke up and fell out. But I would have really enjoyed to Rock up to prom with my rock n roll boyfriend," she laughed slightly. Although I saw she was actually upset too.

"Me too,"

We drowned in our own sadness for a minute and a half. Before she looked up away from the floor and at me, putting on a smile. "But we can still have a good time,"

"Of course we can," I smiled. As if her grin had jumped off of her face and on to mine. That was the thing about Alice, she always had and still has a contagious smile. You just can't help yourself. And that was exactly what I needed right now. "We can stay to ourselves, we can drink the shitty punch they make, we can get up and dance like idiots with everyone else,"

"We can!" She beamed. "And once we go to this prom! That's it! School is over forever and then it's Christmas!"

"No more school!"

"And we don't have to get up at stupid in the morning, no homework-"

"-yeah but we have to get a job and make a living for ourselves," I pointed out.

"That problem comes later," she smiled wafting her hand. "It's prom night- within an hour time we'll be at prom. The limo my mom ordered comes soon. So who needs to worry about having a job and a stable life when you're gonna be in a limo?"

I pulled her into a tight hug. "I've missed you so much," I smiled widely as I squeezed her tight. I worried I was squeezing her too hard but she squeezed me back the same.

"You have no idea how much I've missed you,"