[17] will you come?

"So then I told her that I had to go, I can't miss this opportunity but then she started getting all angry with me," Billie explained. Telling me about the argument he had had with his mom at home. We were currently on the field, a little bit tipsy and a little bit high.

"But I can understand why she's upset," I said looking at the stars in front of me.

"Yeah, but I'm not even going to be gone for that long. It's for the band."

"A weeks a long time Beej,"

"But this is for the band! Why can't anyone else see that?" He said starting to raise his voice getting frustrated as he sat up from his laying down position.

"Billie, I'm not saying I don't understand. I'm happy for you, I'm really happy for you. You deserve this shit," I said also sitting up. "But I mean. I'm gonna have to go a week without you too and I'm sort of upset about it. What am I gonna do without you?" I laughed.

"See that's the thing." He smiled. Holding something back.

"What?"

"Will you come with us?" He asked. I could see he wanted me to say yes. I was overwhelmed. Leaving home for a week to go to somewhere that's a two-hour drive away from home it's pretty overwhelming.

"Billie," I said sort of surprised. "I would love to but-"

"-I know you're gonna say something like. 'Oh, I don't know if I can or what about school' but I've already thought of those things!"

"Go on then,"

"I spoke to my mom about you coming, she said it's obviously up to your mom and you. So before we had an argument she spoke to your mom. Your mom said its completely up to you! And- and school, we get a week off by the time we go, so will you?" He asked with a light in his eyes.

"You really want me to go huh?" I smiled.

"More than anything," he said softly. "Will you? I want you to be there. It wouldn't be fun if you're not there. It wouldn't feel right if you're not there. Please Marsha I'm begging!"

"Can I think about it?" I asked.

"You don't have time to think about it, it's in the next few days! Come on just say you'll come,"

I thought about it. I thought about it a lot. If my mom was okay with it. And we had a week off, What's the harm? But Alice, would she get angry at me....?

"What about if Alice gets mad?" I ask.

"You're joking?" He asked sort of annoyed, his expression flattened. "Your mom has legit said yes and you're worried about the consent of your best friend?"

I couldn't help but laugh. "Okay fine! I'll come!" I smiled.

"You will!? Yes!" He smiled throwing his arms over me and tackling me to the grass.

"Billie!" I laughed trying to shove him off me, he was on top of me with his arms wrapped securely around me. "Get off me!"

"I- sorry." He laughed, sort of embarrassed. As he got off me. "I'm just really happy you're gonna come."

I smiled. "Well, I'm glad I'm not gonna have to go for a week without you."

Before I knew it, a few days after. It was our night before the trip. Billie was at my house, helping me pack.

"I can't believe you're coming," he smiled to himself, he had said that at least five times today as he zipped up the suitcase I was sat on to squash everything in.

"I know," I smiled back. "What time do we leave tomorrow?"

"Early, Tre and Mike are stopping at mine tonight. So be there for seven."

"Seven!?" I shouted.

"Yeah, so we can make it there for around half nine and get all our shit in the hotel for ten," he explained. "Mine and your hotel are booked, and Mike and Tre have a separate one. But I may have made a mistake."

My heart started to thump fast, what sort of mistake has he made? I was worried, what if it's a big big mistake?

"What?" I asked him.

"When I booked mine and your hotel, I did forget to mention it was a two-bedroom hotel, as in two separate beds." He smiled, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Are you sure you did that unintentionally?" I smiled.

"I did! I swear!"

"Okay well," I thought. "We've shared my bed before. We'll be fine."

"I knew you wouldn't mind Y'know." He winked.

After my packing had been completed. We said our goodbyes and went home. It was late, and I needed some sleep if I had to be up around seven.

A two-hour drive with him, sharing a room (and a bed,) with him for a whole week. If nothing comes out of this trip... then at least I know for sure then, he doesn't want anything like that from our friendship.