[8] After the riot

I woke up to the sound of screaming, chanting, shouting, and a lot of noise. I quickly jumped out of my bed and look out my window quite terrified and startled.

What the fuck is that?

"Riots." I sighed to myself watching all the angry people march together. With signs and banners. Why at night? To prove what point?

I laid back on my bed. I wasn't tired anymore. As I looked up at my clock to see it was two in the morning.

"Bastards," I mutter to myself.

Suddenly I heard my phone vibrate on my bedside table. I picked it up to see None of than Billie was calling me. I picked it up.

"Hello? Billie what do you want? It's two in the morning why are you up?"

"I'm wide away after the riot, did you hear it!? I told you there would be one!" He laughed.

"I'm wide awake too,"

There was a moment of silence.

"What are you thinking Marsha?" Billie asked me.

"I don't know if this is maybe crazy. But I'm thinking you come over." I told him honestly. Spit baling. I did miss him for some strange reason. And he was awake and I was awake and both bored. Two plus two equals four.

"Marsha! We can't do that yet!" He teased.

"No you idiot! Just- come over." I laugh.

"What about Your mom?"

"Work, night shifts."

I heard him chuckle to himself. "I'm putting some pants on now."

After speaking to Billie On the phone I sat in bed waiting for the door to go. Was this crazy to invite him around? Maybe it was. Maybe this was the wrong idea. Maybe-

Knock knock knock knock

Even to say what I was thinking. I threw it to the back of my head as I eagerly ran down the stairs to let Billie in, Linda excited to see him. I opened the door and he smiled greeting me as I invited him to my room.

He sat on my bed, looking around.

"Lot of posters." He said to himself looking up at the ceiling. Which was too covered in posters. I shrugged and laughed.

"Okay now seriously." He said turning to me, we both must have underestimated how close he was because when he turned to face me he wasn't that far from me. "Why did you want me around?"

Cause I missed you, idiot.

"Well, you're awake. I'm awake."

"Is that the only reason?" He asked me like he was trying to get something out of me. I smiled and nodded. He shrugged it off.

"Okay Marsha," he smiled to himself.

He looked over at my bed as his eyes widened. What? What is it? I looked over at my bed to realise.

"Is that?" He asks reaching his arm over and grabbing it "my hoodie?" His Ego was sky high by now.

"Erm, no it's mine-" I stuttered. He held it up in front of him and shook his head.

"-Oh no, this is my hoodie. Why is it in your bed?" He smirked.

I was just hugging it, while I slept. I told you. I missed you.

"I forget to take it off when I got to bed, so I just chucked it next to me." I lied, but he looked into my eyes. And I knew he saw straight through me.

"You're almost transparent." He whispered, I felt his breath blow on my face. He had minty breath which made me realise he was chewing on a wad of gum.

"I am not!"

He nodded to himself biting his lip, "you're going red now."

"N-no!" I felt my face heat up as I put my hands on my cheeks covering it.

"No!" He said quickly grabbing my hands and holding them down. "Don't do that." He whispered. I was confused, but my stomach felt as if it was being braided.

"Why?"

"I like when you blush."

"You do?"

"Yeah, I think it's cute." He smiled. He let go of my hands and brought his up to my face as he gently placed them on my cheeks, cupping them. Was he going to kiss me?

"You- you do?"

He nodded slowly. "I also think you've got nice eyes." He said to me, he didn't smile though. As if he was too focused on staring into them.

"Billie- stop!" I smiled as I moved my face from his grasp. He whined a bit as he threw himself back on my bed like he gave up.

"What?"

"I'm trying to make a move on you!" He chuckled. "But it's like you've got the brain of a marshmallow or something."

I snorted. "Marshmallow!?"

"Yeah," he laughed too as he got back up. "Marsha, marshmallow. Not too far from?" He said raising an eyebrow and smiling. I pushed him playfully as he grabbed my hips and pulled me over to him. Before I even had time to process what had happened. He was laid back on my bed and I was inches away from his face... on top of him.

He smiled, proud of himself. "Marsha." He teased.

"Shut up!" I said embarrassed as I got off him and rolled onto my bed. He laughed.

I laid my head on my pillow as he shuffled up next to me, laying next to me.

"What time does your mom get back?" He asked me.

"Tomorrow morning. After I leave for school."

"Sweet. Well," he said sitting up as he jumped swiftly off my bed. "I best get going." He smiled putting his shoes on he had neatly placed at the door when he first walked in.

I quickly jumped up. "No!"

He looked up at me.

"You- you don't have to go," I said looking down at the floor.

He smiled. "You mean, In other words, you don't want me to go?" He cocked up one of his eyebrows.

"What no I-"

"-ah I see, well off I go." He smiled standing up.

"Fine!" I shouted, he turned around and looked over at me, waiting for me to add on. "I do, will you stay the night?"

He smiled slowly to himself. Then he quickly kicked his shoes off as he tackled me to the bed, he was on top of me as he looked at me, in my eyes.

I felt his hair tickle my cheek, his lips inches away from mine.

"I thought you'd never ask." He whispered.