[47] Prom night

We walked into prom together and looked around at the large hall filled with other students. Some of these dresses are amazing... puts mine to shame a little.

The room was being lit with coloured lights and really bad music was being played through the hall by the speakers in which the DJ who was sat behind his DJ equipment in charge of the songs controlled.

"These songs are awful," I commented to Alice scrunching up my nose in distaste.

She nodded beside me in agreement. "Terrible,"

We walked around and said hi to some other friends. Or mostly Alice did. A lot of people came over to compliment her and then I. I never realised she knew this many people?

When we use to be friends it was sort of kinda just me and her. That's how it had always been. So none the less I was really surprised to see so many people who seemed too familiar and happy to see Alice.

As Alice finished hugging another girl in a golden tight dress I turned to her as the girl walked away. "I didn't know you were friends with all these people,"

"Yeah, I kinda floated around from group to group when you and I fell out," she briefly explained as we walked around together beside each other. "You know, just making friends and all that,"

"So, in other words, you became popular?"

"I wouldn't say popular," she shrugged. "More like... well known I guess,"

"Well known?"

"Yeah, I would say well known,"

"Is well known not the same as popular?" I asked.

"I wouldn't say it is. You can be well known in a bad way I suppose can't you? you can't be popular in a bad way,"

"Sure you can,"

"Give me one example of one person who's popular in a bad way?" She questioned laughing slightly.

I stuttered for words as I began to think. But before I could say something even more stupid a voice cut me off before I could even get my first word in.

"Oh my god, I love your dress!" I heard a voice say behind Alice and I. We both spun around on our heels to see a girl I had briefly walked past in the corridors of the school, never spoken to her though. I don't even really know her name, just her face. She smiled as she wore a long black dress that met with the floor and her blonde hair was up in a bun.

I wasn't sure if she was talking to Alice or me, but with all the people Alice knew and the fact that I didn't know her, it mustn't have been me. So I looked over at Alice waiting for her to say 'oh hi!' Knowing the girl.

"Thank you," Alice beamed as she put her hand over her chest happily.

"Oh- I was talking to your friend..." the girl nervously stated referring to me. "B-but yours is nice too?"

"You like my dress?" I asked surprised.

"Oh," I heard Alice mumble as her hand dropped from her chest.

"I love it- it's super pretty!" The girl squealed. "I've seen you around in school before, I'm not sure if y'know me though. I'm Lana,"

"Hi Lana, I'm Marsha. I love your dress too by the way, it really suits you," I complimented her back after introducing myself.

"Thank you! Anyway, I just wanted to come to tell you, you look incredible." She smiled. "Both of you,"

"Thank you," Alice and I said in unison.