[42] green days on!

"He's still in the studio," I sighed to Casey as she sat down on the sofa. "They all are,"

"Has billies Personalised skateboard come yet?" She asked.

"No, not yet. I'm still not sure if the skateboard is the right way to go."

"Well, Christmas is right after school ends,"

"Did they tell you they dropped out?" I asked as I sat down beside her. She looked at me surprised.

"No? Tre didn't tell me they dropped out,"

"They dropped out so they could focus more on music," I explained. "And now I'm gonna go to prom alone,"

"Just don't go," she shrugged easily.

"What not go to prom? You only get to go to prom once, I don't wanna miss it,"

"I'd take you, but I don't think you'd want me to,"

"I wanted to go with Billie, I know he feels bad about it because I have to go on my own. But even if he wanted to he can't take me. He'll be too busy in the studio making music with Britney while I'm sat drinking shitty punch that'll barely even be drinkable."

"Hey don't be such a bummer," she sighed nudging me slightly. "You'll have time to figure it out. Prom isn't until a while,"

"I guess I'll just have to go on my own if I have to,"

"You're bumming me out Marsha," Casey said sitting up as she walked out the room.

"Where are you going?" I shouted to her confused as I sat up from my slouching position on the sofa.

She walked back in as she placed the radio on the coffee table and turned it on. "I'm putting music on, to lighten up the mood," she pressed the button at the top as some music began to blare out which I had never really heard before.

She held out her hands to pull me up as I grabbed them. She yanked me up onto my feet as we both began to dance like idiots with two left feet.

We couldn't dance, and it was obvious if you saw the way we did dance. But I was having fun, and I hadn't had fun in a while without Billie joe. Since he's always been at the studio and I don't get to see him much.

We laughed hysterically as we danced around the living room to each and every song that came on.

It was fun to carelessly listen to music and dance around until that's when a certain song came on.

I paused as I stopped dancing. And Casey looked at me confused why I stopped. I paused ready to listen to the singer, and when they began to sing. I freaked out.

"I knew it!" I shouted. "It's Green day!"

"It is!?"

"Yes! That's billies voice! I've gotta call him- he's on the radio!"

I quickly ran over and grabbed my phone. I rang his contact and waited for him to answer.

"Everything alright?" He asked answering the call.

"Billie! Billie listen!" I said to him before holding the phone next to the radio and put it on speaker. Ready to hear his reaction.

"Is that on... is that on the radio!?"

"Yes! Billie that's you guys on the radio!"

I heard Mike and Tre celebrating in the background. They were all bugging out excitedly.

"Did you guys not know your song was on the radio?" Casey asked.

"Is that my girlfriend!?" Tre asked happily down the phone. "Casey!"

"Hi Tre!" She smiled, although she knew he couldn't see it.

After a bit longer the song finished. And I brought the call back to my ear. "Alright I need to get back to work, I'm in the studio right now okay?"

"Alright," I sighed. "I miss you,"

"I miss you more, don't stay up for me tonight I won't be in until late,"

"Alright, I won't."

"Okay, I love you,"

"I love you too, bye Beej,"

"Bye love," the call ended. And I pouted sadly to Casey.

"You alright?"

"I've not seen him properly since he picked me up from school the day he dropped out. And before that, I hadn't seen him properly for ages,"

"That's just what comes with dating a guy in a band," Casey shrugged casually.

"Well, I expected this when he told me he was in a band. But I didn't expect to actually fall in love and live with him," I admitted laughing slightly as I sat back down on the sofa.

She sat down beside me and clicked the radio off as I carried on.

"I've got to wait until he's finished with the album to see him, and he'll be making more albums too."

"I know it sucks," Casey said sympathetically. "C'mon let's go do something to cheer you up."

"Like what?"

"How about we go shop for your prom dress?"

"Are you joking? Prom is ages away,"

"We can get a head start, it'll be here before you know it." She pointed out.

"Alright, but not today. Let me just sulk today,"

"Fine. But tomorrow I'm taking you prom dress shopping. Got it?"

"With what money?"

"Well use your card that's linked to your mom's account, your moms like loaded."

"you think she'll let me?"

"you think she'll even realise?"