Fourteen: Frankie

I lay on my couch with my head resting on James lap. My phone beeps. I got an email. I'm surprised what it's about.

"Hey James," I say, "did you know that our school is holding a five year graduation party? They say it will be like a class of '1o reunion type of thing. It will be tomorrow."

"Sounds like fun. I'm in."

••••{}{}{}{}{}{}{}••••

James and I drove up to our high school, and parked our car. We could already hear the thudding of the bass coming from the gymnasium.

"Sounds like they got a dj," says James. He puts his arm around my shoulders and I rest my head on his shoulder. As soon as we get to the door Jack opens the door.

"I knew you'd come, high school sweethearts get to get in free," he says.

"I wish we were high school sweethearts, but no," James says. We walk into the gymnasium. There is multi-colored lights that flash around the gym. James wanders away to see his 'buddies' and then I see Barry come over. He was the class clown in our class. To my surprise he's holding two cups of vodka, I'm guessing.

"Hi, Ally," he slurs.

"Hi Barry, how are you?"

"I'm good, you?" He is so drunk.

"I'm fine," he stumbles away and over struts my ex-boyfriend.

"Hey I missed you," he wraps his hand around my waist.

"Get your paws of me," I growl at him.

"I won't hurt you, I just want to touch you. I mean, not like that. I just miss your touch," he says, smirking.

"No you won't. She is mine, Frank," James says walking out if the crowd.

"Oh, come on," he says with his thick british accent.

"No, you retard," James say and wraps his arm around my waist.

"Whoa, I didn't know you two were like, a thing," he says and sneers.

"Well go away and find some other girl to screw with," Ouch.

"Listen, Allison," I wince at the way he says my names. He used to say it like that all the time when we were dating.

"Your making a huge mistake.

I miss your curves.

I miss you sleeping with me.

I miss your cherry lipstick lips.

I miss you," he begs while I laugh at him.

"No you don't. You just want to screw me again, and play with me. Just to hear me cry all night after I get all attached to you. So go away," I says, and he looks hurt.

"That is insane, babe. I still love you."

"Your drunk and I'm engaged to James," I say. He swears under his breath and spills his drink down my dress.

"Oh!" I exclaim. Frankie storms into the crowd. Crap, that was my nickname for him. I remember the first time we kissed.

My first kiss.

My first boyfriend.

My first true love.

God, stop Ally. What are you thinking?

You love James and you know that.

"What you thinking about?" James asks interrupting my thinking session about Frank.

"Nothing," I lie.

"Okay," he says curiously smiling.

"Nothing, goodness," he laughs at me.

I wonder off to the crowd to get a drink. I get strawberry banana vodka, and a slice of vanilla cake with blueberries in it that says happy fifth anniversary class of '10. I take a bite into it once I take a seat next to waisted Jack.

"Hey baby," he slurs. He grabs my waist and sits me on his lap.

"Jack, what the f-," I say but he kisses me. His lips taste like beer and cake. He slams his tongue in my mouth but I bite his tongue. Hard.

"Dang it," he says. "What the heck?" I grab my drink and cake to go find James. I find him talking to his ex. "Hey, James. Can we go home?" I ask.

"Yes, yes. We can go," he starts to tickle me and I giggle. He picks me up bridal style. He carries me to his car and we drive away. I decide to listen to my music with my earplugs in my ears. I think about Frank and his beautiful heart tattoo that says

'Love overcomes everything.' I then turn up the music so the thought of Frank is pushed to the back of my head. I soon drift off to sleep, thinking about Frankie.