Chapter 18. Tommy

I hate cross country.

Especially now.

It used to be bearable, back when we were friends. But now we're not and they've moved on.

And I'm alone, Mr Weird.

Cosette and her cronies are at the back of the bus, acting cool. Pippa's still trying to be apart of their group, they just ignore her now. People call her an obsessive stalker.

Poppy, Sienna Nelly and Isla sit at the front, like good girls, laughing and giggling as Sienna films them.

"Seriously, guys, I have to do this or else I'll fail. Do you want me to fail?" Sienna whines and the other three laugh harder than before.

"Alright Sienna, you can interview me as long as you make it interesting" Poppy relents, instantly cheering Sienna up and the camera is pointed straight at her face. Even I can see Poppy's face smile. This is her worst nightmare.

"State your name and date of birth for the record," Sienna says, well orders.

"What? Is this a police interrogation?"  Nelly laughs and Sienna rolls her eyes

"Poppy and I will be sixteen in August"  Poppy answers, biting her lip to stop herself from laughing, grabbing and twisting her ponytail in her left hand. She stills looks the same, even though she's different now.

We all are.

"And if you were to die tomorrow, how would you die?" Sienna asks

"What are these questions?" Poppy laughs, slightly tilting her head backwards.

"Just answer the question!" Sienna cries, laughing too.

"Fine. I think I would want to drown and no I will not explain why"  Poppy eventually replies, and Isla laughs, with her hand over her mouth.

"Next question- would you rather kill Mufasa or Kill Mr Blobby?" And this time both Nelly lose it, and Poppy sits there staring at Sienna. "Well?"

"Obviously, I'd killed Mufasa. But I thought this was meant to be a serious interview?" Poppy answers very loudly. Loud enough for Cosette to turn her way.

"What a bunch of losers" I hear someone mutter.

"I'd kill Mr Blobby!" Max yells jumping out of his seat.

"Everyone sit back down and put your seatbelts on!" Mr Jones roars angrily. No surprise there- he probably has a headache.

I don't hear the rest of the interview, but it seems it wasn't so entertaining. Which sucks, but her teacher will probably be glad of that.

"Can I sit here?" A voice asks and I look up to see a boy with glasses. "They're gossiping is driving me crazy, if I hear one more rumour about bloody anybody I will jump out of this bus"  he adds glancing over at Cosette and her gang.

I nod. "Sure, it's fine by me" and I shuffle over to the window seat

"I'm Miles by the way" and I smile at him as he looks at me expectantly.