Chapter 25. Poppy

It's not that I don't like them. I really do.

But it just doesn't feel the same.

They're loud and confident.

They're funny, I like that and they're loyal.

But I can't help but miss her. The way she always knew what to say and how she never cared about my imperfections.

I miss being able to sit in silence without it feeling weird.

I hate my nose. I hate the scar. I'm not skinny like they are.

I never lost the stupid baby fat.

It probably doesn't help that I like chocolate.

Daniel, always I should go on a diet, so maybe I should.

Mrs Winters called my Mum yesterday, apparently, I'm acting weird. I'm not.

I just miss them.

I miss the old me.

~~~~~

"Okay, let me get this straight. You knew that Cosette was pregnant?" The hot cop asks, he says that like it was a miracle. I don't think its that surprising- she definitely looked somewhat pregnant. 

I nod. I just said it but whatever. 

We're sitting in the principal's office. The fat one has been replaced by a lady, she looks stressed.

"How come you didn't mention this before?" She asks. I think her name is Margot. My Grandmother's name is Margot.

"I thought I did. why does it matter? It had nothing to do with me" I answer, "also, it's not like the baby pushed her"

"We just need to know everything, to help us understand more," the young one says, the lady sighs, like he was meant to keep quiet. "Do you know who the father would have been?" The lady asks and I shrug. I'm actually starting to miss class and my C average.

"Could be James. Could have been some rando" I reply and I don't think they find that helpful.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Whenever she was pissed at James, she'd hook up with someone to make him jealous. She would always brag about it for everyone to hear"

"Do you know why she kept the baby?"She asks I don't see how this is relevant to anything. 

"I don't know, we weren't exactly on speaking terms. But her mother would have killed her if she kept it, something about reputation"

"So no abortion to spite her Mother?" The man says. His name starts with R. I know that. "I'm guessing they didn't see eye to eye"

He's got that right.

"How did James feel about this?" She asks. James is a tool, who often caused everyone within twenty metres of him to lose brain cells. I don't think he thought much about anything.