Chapter 46

Chapter 46

       Even though Jerome had invited me to prom and told me that anyone who wasn't a senior were allowed so long as they were invited, I was still worried I wasn't going to be allowed to go. Then Ryder told me the exact same thing, and to make sure students who weren't allowed to go didn't sneak into prom, anyone who wanted to invite someone had to fill out a guest form.

       Once Jerome filled out the guest form for me, I could officially relax and I didn't have to worry about it anymore. 

       Jerome and I were getting ready for prom in my bedroom and surprisingly, I was finished before Jerome was. Normally, I was the last one ready only because I always started getting ready after him, but not this time. I mean, I still started to get ready after he started, but he was still getting ready.

       I was sitting on my bed, just scrolling through memes on my phone while I waited for Jerome. Eventually, Jerome huffed and tossed his suit jacket onto the floor. "I can't wear this," he said.

       I looked up from my phone to look at Jerome. "Why not?" I asked. "I thought you liked it."

       "I did," Jerome said. "I mean, I do. It's just..." He sighed. "It doesn't fit me."

       I furrowed my eyebrows as I put my phone in my pocket before getting off of my bed. I walked over to where Jerome was and picked up the suit jacket. "Didn't you just buy this last week? And I was with you when you tried it on. It fit perfectly."

       "Well, maybe it shrunk or something," Jerome said.

       I held up the suit jacket, and Jerome sighed before slipping his arms through the sleeves. Once it was on, I buttoned it up before smoothing it out a bit. I really didn't know what Jerome was talking about. "It fits you perfectly," I said.

       "I don't know..." Jerome said, adjusting the jacket a bit. "It feels a bit snug. Are you sure it fits? It doesn't look tight or anything?"

       "No, it doesn't like tight," I said. "If it helps, you look really hot."

       Jerome smiled softly. "Thank you. You look really hot, too. So hot that I just want to skip to after prom where I rip your clothes off and--"

       "Speaking of prom," I interrupted. "We should get going. Are you ready to go?"

       "Yeah, I am," Jerome said. "Sorry for taking so long. I just... I don't know. But I am ready to go."

       The two of us headed downstairs so we could leave the house, and I was really hoping that we would be able to slip out before my mom stopped us to take pictures like she did for the spring dance.

       Unfortunately, my moms stopped us as soon as we got onto the main floor. "Oh, wait a second!" she said. "I need to take pictures!"

       "Mom," I whined. "You don't have to."

       "Yes, I do," Mom said. "It's prom."

       "It's not even my prom," I said. "You can take pictures in two years when I have my prom."

       "Oh, shush, it won't take that long," Mom said.

       I sighed, knowing that Mom probably wasn't going to stop insisting so I just let her take some pictures of me and Jerome. 

       "This isn't fair," Orchid said from her spot on the couch. "How come I don't get to go to prom?"

       "You're a sophomore," I said. "That's why."