Her Husband's Best friend

"Oh, bat di mo sinasagot yang telepono mo? Kanina pa ring ng ring yan ah?", Corazon asked Marcial.

" Hayaan mo yan, Ma. Its not that important. Mas importante ang mga sandaling ito na kasama ka", the General smiles

" Hay naku Marcial! Di mo ako madadaan sa mga pa ganyan mo", she pouts

" Ma naman! Akala ko ba okay na tayo. Akala ko di ka na galit?"

"Hindi na nga! Alam mo naman na di ko kayang magalit sayo ng matagal", Corazon replied back and a sweet smile flashes on her lips which sweep of  his husband's feet.

The General gently hold her left hand and kiss it.

" I love you, Corazon. Salamat at hindi mo hinayaan na lumipas ang gabing ito na nagtatampo ka sa akin", he said  to her with so much sincerity.

"At mahal na mahal kita Marcial. Lagi mong tatandaan yan". 

"San ka pala nagpunta kanina", he asked.

" Kala Jessie. Pinasyal ko ang apo natin.  Nag arcade kami".

"Ang daya ng mag lola. Di ako sinama. Miss na miss ko na si Edward"

"Ay sus si Lolo Gen nagtatampo. Dont worry. Sunday tomorrow. Its our family day. Nandito yun. Pati si Arabella and Franco".

The couple spent the rest of the night sharing stories, laughter and sweet words for each other until they fell asleep.

Sunday comes. Corazon is busy in the kitchen preparing their lunch. Marcial together with Ethan and Franco are playing billiards in the lanai while her daughters, Arabella and Jessie are in the living room having their girl talk and bonding.

" Lola Mommy, I'm hungry na po. Did you cook friend chicken"

Corazon turned around and saw her cute apo, She carried the little kid and showered him with butterfly kisses " Yes baby. Lola cooked your favorite kitchen. Maya maya kakain na tayo".

The little boy giggled " Lola Mommy put me down na po. I'm heavy. Papa Gen said na wag na ako magpapakarga sayo coz your old na. Your knees and back will hurt".

" Ah sinabi yun ng Lolo mo!", Corazon laughs while tickling the little boy. "Baby mas old siya sa akin noh. Look at his hair. May mga white na diba? Kaya you should call him Lolo Gen instead of Papa. Coz he is old na and not your Lola Mommy okay?"

"Sinong matanda",  Marcial joined them in the kitchen to get a glass of water.

" You daw po, sabi ni Lola!", Edgar giggled again.

Marcial hugged them both then whispers to her " Matanda pala ha. Humanda ka sa akin mamayang gabi Mrs De Leon", he said playfully which made her blushed. 

"Marcial ano ba. May bata oh", she whispered back. 

"By the way Ma, I invited Lucy to have lunch with us. Kawawa naman kasi. Magisa lang sa condo niya. Hope its okay with you", the General informed his wife.

Corazon was a bit astonished. She didn't expect someone will join them for lunch knowing that Sundays like this is strictly a family affair. She doesn't want to disappoint Marcial so she just nods. " Its okay. Its been a while since I've seen your friend".

Romalie, their maid interrupted them.

" General, Maam Corazon, may bisita po kayo. Pinapasok na po ni Maam Jessie", the maid informed them.

"That must be Lucy. Tara Hon. Puntahan na natin".

Corazon noticed the excitement on her husband's voice. She followed him and went to the living room. 

A sophisticated woman in her early 40s is happily chatting with Arabella and Jessie in the living room.

"Lucy, welcome home", Marcial greets his friend.

"Oh, hi there Marcial", she hugs him and kiss him on his cheeks.  Then she saw Corazon approaching 

" Corazon. My God. Its been years since the last time we saw each other. How are you?", she hugs her too.

" Hi Lucy", Corazon greets her back. "Oo nga ang tagal na natin di nagkita. How are you?".

" Im fine Corazon. Maganda pa din at hindi tumatanda. Hahaha!", Lucy replied.

" I'm sure gutom ka na. I'll just set up the table para makapag lunch na tayo. Hon, ikaw na muna bahala kay Lucy", Corazon excused herself and went back to the kitchen.

"Roma, tulungan mo ako ihanda ang lamesa", she asked the maid.

Romalie followed " Maam sino ba yun? Bat ang epal naman. Tapos masyadong feel at home", the maid asked.

Corazon raised her brows and replied "Nahalata mo din pala!".

( to be continued.. sorry for the slow update guys :) )