Love Hurts

" Anong oras na? Uwi pa ba ito ng isang matinong asawa at ina?", Marcial's authoritative voice echoed in the living room.

Corazon was a bit astounded. She didn't expect Marcial waiting for her at this hour.

" San ka galing?, the General asks again. He's looking at her intensely. You can see anger in his eyes.

Corazon did not reply back. She's tired and dizzy. All she need right now is a hot shower and a good sleep. She did not bother to give Marcial a glimpse nor did not bother to explain . She doesn't want to argue with her husband.

Malapit na siya sa may hagdanan ng bigla siyang hinawakan ng madiin ni Marcial sa braso. He's holding her very tight to the point that its hurting her.

" Ano ba Marcial! Bitawan mo ako. Nasasaktan ako", Corazon replied with tears in her eyes.  Tears brought by the physical and emotional pain courtesy of her husband.

"I'm asking you Corazon. San ka galing. Kanina pa kita tinatawagan. I've been worrying a lot tapos eto ka uuwi ng hating gabi at lasing!", Marcial asked her and not letting her go.

" Let me go, Marcial!", pagpupumiglas ni Corazon. He let go of her but she loss balance and fell down on the floor.

" Outch", Corazon silently moaned in pain. She slowly tried to stand up. Marcial came back to his senses and offered his hand to her.

"I'm sorry Corazon. Di ko sinasadya. Nabigla lang ako", he briefly explained.

Tired and in pain, an emotional Corazon run upstairs and went straight to the master bedroom. She sits on the bed and cried her heart out.

Marcial followed after. The scene of Corazon crying with her left hand on her chest is enough to make him feel guilty and realized his mistake. He sits beside her and was about to give her a hug when she moves away from him. Then in a cracking voice, she uttered " Masama na bang lumabas at mag unwind kasama si Jo para maglabas ng sama ng loob? Masama na ba akong asawa at ina dahil dun? Ang bigat bigat ng loob ko buong araw Marcial. Nagtalo tayo kagabi. Akala ko maguusap at magkakaayos tayo pagising ko. Pero ano ang bubungad sa akin?  You and Lucy having breakfast together. And it seems that you two are enjoying each other's company".

" Ma, its means nothing. It's just a breakfast meeting",  he cuts her off to air his side.

" Well for you, it means nothing. Eh sa kanya? Babae din ako Marcial. I can sense something.

" I'm sorry Corazon if you felt that way. And I'm sorry if nasigawan kita kanina at nasaktan. Nagalala lang ako sayo. Pinuntahan kita sa Arabella pero sabi ng secretary mo after lunch umalis ka na. I kept on calling you pero di mo sinasagot ang phone mo. Even si Rhian and Jessie hindi alam kung nasaan ka. Im sorry too if I have been insensitive to you lately ",  he goes near her side, reached for her hand and kiss it.

" I have enough of your sorry Marcial. Nakakasawa na! Nakakapagod na",  she stands up, went to the bathroom and take a shower.

Marcial on the other hand feels devastated. He' guilty for being insensitive to Corazon's feelings. For treating her that way earlier. He realized he's taking her for granted lately. He's been so busy and the pressure for him to run for the highest position in the government is taking too much of his time. Sadly, it takes a toll on his relationship with Corazon.

Corazon after taking a shower lies down on the bed. Marcial lies beside his wife too,  cuddles her then kiss her forehead. He saw a red bruise on her arm caused by him grabbing her very tight earlier. Guilt is all over him again. He gently kiss her arm. " I'm sorry Ma. Promise babawi ako sayo. Its a Saturday tomorrow. Lets spend the rest of the day together. San mo gusto pumunta? "

Corazon pushed him and stands up. She grabbed her pillow and walks toward the door.

" San ka pupunta, Ma? . Magpahinga ka na"

" Sa guest room. Dun ako matutulog!",  she coldly replied then walks out of their room.