When The General Got Jealous

Marcial's POV

" Mahal, are you sure hindi ka pwede bukas? Hindi mo ako masasamahan sa Alumni homecoming party namin bukas?", Corazon asked me while we are about to sleep. We are both lying in bed with her head on my chest.

"Ma, sorry. I really love to go with you pero may very important Intel meeting kami bukas ng gabi for our special operation. Hindi pwede na wala ako dun. I'm sorry", I told her in an apologetic voice as I kissed her head.

She faced me and caressed my face "Its okay Mahal. I understand. You don't have to say sorry".

" Enjoy and have fun sa alumni party niyo Ma. Give my regards to your friends".

" I will Pa. Pero if maaga ka matapos sa meeting niyo sumunod ka ha. I will prepare na din yung isusuot mo just in case makahabol ka", my wife told me.

"Sige Ma. Pag maaga kami matapos pangako susunod ako", I replied and pulled her closer to me. I turned off the light from our bedside lamp and moved on top of her and claimed her lips.

" Mahal, I know what you are thinking. But not now please. Pagod ako. Next time na lang. Lets go to sleep na", she gently pushed me away from her.

" Sorry Ma. Okay magpahinga na tayo", I cuddled her until we both fall asleep.

The next morning I woke up without Corazon by myside. She left a note saying na  maaga siya umalis ng bahay and didn't wait for me to wake up. She needs to run some errands for their alumni party tonight. She's really so excited about it. Its been a while since the last time she saw her friends and classmates from highschool. I texted her saying that I will join her as soon as we finished the meeting early.

But I wasn't able to fulfill what I have promised her. Its seven in the evening pero nasa kampo pa din ako. I dialled Corazon's number.

" Hello, Mahal", she answered. I can hear some loud music in the back ground. She's at their alumni party already.

" Ma, sorry hindi na ako makakahabol diyan. Nandito pa din ako sa kampo. Hindi pa tapos ang meeting namin", I told her.

" Marcial, it's okay. I understand. Just focus on your meeting".

" Sunduin na lang kita diyan. Just text or call me pag pauwi ka na".

" Wag na Mahal. Magpahinga ka na lang. I have to go na Marcial ha. Tinatawag na kasi ako nila Carmen and Alice. Dumating na yata si Adam".

"Adam, you mean your..?"

"Pa, sige na. I'll hung up na okay. I can't hear you clearly dahil sa lakas ng music dito. Bye, Mahal. See you na lang sa bahay", Corazon cuts me off and ended the call.

I decided not to call her back. My wife's enjoying the night and I dont want to spoil it. She deserves it.

My meeting ended at around 9 pm and dumiretso na ako sa bahay. I ate dinner alone and took a hot shower and waited for Corazon. She texted me saying na may after party pa daw sila kasama ang mga kaibigan niya sa Arabella kaya late na siya makakauwi. I checked Facebook while waiting for Corazon. Then I saw a tagged photo of Corazon with a man. The man looks powerful and dignified.