Its Not Always A Bed Of Roses

Corazon's POV

I woke up late after our argument last night. I slowly opened my eyes without Marcial by my side. Instead, a white and pink bouquet of roses is beside me with his handwritten note.

His note says

His note says.

" Ma, I'm sorry about last night. Its not my intention to hurt you nor to upset you. I'm sorry I didn't wait for you to wake up to apologize personally. I have an early morning appointment. I promise I'll make it up to you tonight. Hope this roses can make you smile".

I took a deep breath. I slept last night with a heavy heart hoping that Marcial and I can patch things up this morning. But he left for work already. This roses cant ease the heavy feeling inside.

I get out of bed, took a shower and put a light make up. I went downstairs and had my late breakfast of coffee and overnight oats. I was browsing Facebook while sipping my brewed coffee when I came across a tagged photo of Marcial on his account. Its Lucy who tagged him. Its a photo of the two of them having breakfast in his office together with a caption that says...

''Breakfast with The General. Woke up early to prepare Filipino breakfast for our breakfast meeting. He says my beef tapa is the best. Hahaha. Its all worth it!''

I felt that my temperature rises and my face turns red when I saw it. To say na nanggigigil ako sa post na yun is an understatement. Here I am, having breakfast alone while my husband is enjoying a hearty breakfast with his friend. What a great way to ruin my morning. Tumulo na pala ang mga luha ko without me noticing it. Its been a while since Marcial and I have breakfast together because he always leave the house early. Then you'll see post like this. I want to post a sarcastic comment pero pinigilan ko ang sarili ko. Baka lalo lang kami magaway ng asawa ko and I dont want to sound like a jealous wife.

'' Di ka pa nagsiselos sa lagay na yan Corazon?", I told myself and sigh.

I left the house with a heavy heart and went straight to Arabella. There, I keep myself busy with inventories and checking my restaurant's daily menu. I am truly grateful that Arabella is doing great now. Tuluyan ng nakabawi ang restaurant na dugo at pawis ang pinuhunan ko mula sa pagkakalugi. I owe it to Marcial who never left my side and supported me thoroughly para ibangon muli ang Arabella. In fact, I am putting up a military themed coffee shop somewhere in Bonificio Global City. I'll name it '' The General's Hide Out" in honor of my husband. I haven't told Marcial nor our daughters about it yet. I want it to be a surprise for Marcial's upcoming 50th birthday which will be few months from now.

I'm still not okay so I texted Rhian and Jessie to have lunch with me. I want to spend the rest of the day with my girls to ease this heavy feeling I felt inside. But they texted me immediately saying sorry that they cant both make it. They have a very important meeting. I sigh. " What do you expect Corazon? Your daughters are workaholic and as dedicated as their father'. Di ka pa din nasasanay'. I had lunch alone with a heavy heart.