Shattered Pieces

One week at our rest house passed by really fast without us noticing it. Marcial really took good care of me the best way he can. He makes sure that I always eat on time, that I have enough rest. Always reminding me to take my medicines and vitamins. He really make it up to me. I felt fully recharged and energised now. Aside from Marcial's tender loving care, it must be the fresh air and organic food in Batangas that helped me fully recover. I love how laid back and peaceful life in Batangas is. I felt closer to nature. I'm looking forward to the day Marcial will retire from the military, and the two of us will spend the rest of our lives in our rest house in Batangas. Away from the noise and chaos of the city. Marcial and I will grow old together in that beautiful place.

We are on our way back to Manila. Edgar is at the back seat of the car sleeping peacefully. I caressed my husband's face as his eyes are focused on the road.

"Ma, I'm driving", he smiles at me

"Wala naman akong ginagawa ah. I'm just caressing your face. Bawal ba?",  I smirked.

"Di ako makapag focus eh. With the way you touches me, parang gusto ko ibalik yung kotse sa rest house at magkulong lang tayo sa kuwarto".

"Marcial, behave. May bata oh", pananaway ko sa asawa ko.

We were about to cross an intersection when the traffic light turned red. Marcial faced me and moved me closer to him and kissed me. We were french kissing each other until the traffic light turns into green. Good thing his car is heavily tinted and Edgar is sleeping at the back seat.

The next day...

"Pa, gising na. Baka ma late ka sa kampo. Monday ngayon. Ma traffic", I woke him up and went to our walk in closet to prepare his military uniform.

"Bangon na Mahal. 7 am na. Mali late ka na".

He is still not moving. He must be tired from last night coz he is snoring too. I went back to our bed and pinch him on the nose.
"Wake up!"  I sit beside my sleeping husband who even at sleep remains so handsome. I stroked his salt and pepper hair "Gising na, Mahal".  He finally opened his eyes and greeted me with a smile.

"Morning,Ma!". He get out of the bed and took a shower while I went downstairs to prepare his breakfast.

We had breakfast together and he dropped me off at Arabella.

"Sabay tayo mag lunch mamaya? I asked him bago bumaba ng kotse.

"Sorry Ma. I have a lunch meeting mamaya with some Generals. Pero susunduin kita mamayang hapon. Sabay na tayo umuwi".

I smiled and kissed him before getting out of his car "Okay Mahal. See you later. Eat on time ha. Wag magpapalipas ng gutom. Love you, General".

"I love you, Corazon!".

Its been a busy day at Arabella. I was reviewing the monthly report sent by my accountant when Raky, my secretary entered my office with a cup of coffee.

"Maam, here's your coffee po".

"Thank you Raky. So how's Arabella habang wala ako? Kumusta kayo dito?, I asked her.

"Okay naman po Maam Corazon. Ang dami po nagpa book sa atin for catering. By the way Maam, blooming po kayo ah. Mukhang hiyang po sa inyo yung bakasyon niyo with General Marcial".

"Hay naku Raky. Nambola ka pa. Oo na. Iaaprove ko na yung request mo na vacation leave".

"Talaga po! Naku thank you Maam. You're the best boss in the world talaga. Pero Maam di kita binu bola ha. Iba talaga yung glow mo today. Ang tawag nila diyan after glow. Mukhang naalagaan po kayo masyado ni General ah".