Before the Game

We all stand outside by the bus as our adviser calls out "Ready?" And we all bow and yell "Ready" back.

I yawn as I get comfortable in the bus seat across from Tsuki. My headphones are in so I can't hear much of anything. I look out the window as I watch the fields go by. It's pretty peaceful- ew.. What is that smell?! I take my headphones out and everyone is looking at the back of the bus. I lean down the aisle and I see Hinata laying on the seat and Tanaka's lap is covered in.. vomit. That's vomit- oh my.

I quickly turn back around and put my headphones in. Pretending like I didn't see a thing.

We finally reach the school and Tanaka is putting his pants in a bag as Hinata keeps apologizing. I stretch as I stand by the front of the bus with Tsuki and Yamaguchi. "Excited?" I ask and look at them. "Eh." Tsuki says as he looks around. "Totally!" Yams says as he smiles and gives me a thumbs up. I look at the school that I haven't been in for quite a while now. Memories are flooding back and I smile to myself, not knowing Tsuki was looking at me the whole time.

"Coming out both ends! You're working overtime!" Tanaka calls out as Hinata runs to the bathroom. I look over to the bus to see Kageyama being held back by Suga. I put my head in my palms and rub my face. "Idiots." Tsuki says as he looks towards the school. Couldn't have said it better myself.

~~~~Aoba Johsai POV~~~~

As Yahaba and Kindaichi walk together Yahaba finally speaks up. "Hey, we are playing Karasuno today, right? Doesn't that one guy go there?" He asks. "Who?" Kindaichi asks as they continue walking. "The king of the court." They continue to talk about Kageyama but the topic quickly changes. "All I know about them now is that they have some super hot babes as their team managers." Yahaba says and it peaks Kindaichi's interest. "Wait, they have two girls?! I thought we were lucky when we had one.. She was smokin hot. I wonder where she is now." he looks up and Yahaba nudges him. "You're lucky Oikawa isn't here to hear you say that." They both laugh as they near a corner. "I also heard they have some juvenile delinquent on their team. The guy even has a shaved bald head and he seems like he's pretty stupid too." Yahaba says.

~~~~Karasuno POV~~~~~~

"It shouldn't be that much longer until the game-" I get cut off as we see Tanaka, Tsuki, Yamaguchi and Kageyama all standing in front of two Aoba Johsai members. "Oh no." I say as we try to catch up to them. "Come on Tanaka. There's no need to talk like that. I mean look what you've done. The hot shots from Aoba Johsai are practically shaking in their shoes" Tsuki says as the Aoba Johsai boys defend themselves. "HEY KNOCK IT OFF" Daichi says as he turns the corner first. I come around too and grab Tsuki by the arm. I look to see who they were talking to and I freeze for a second as do they. "Y/N?" They say at the same time and my face goes red as the boys look at me.

I awkwardly laugh as I let go of Tsuki and wave to them. "Yahaba. Kindaichi. Hey.." "Its been awhile. We all miss you!" Kindaichi smiles. "Oh! Yeah, sorry I haven't kept in touch, there's just been so much going on." I say and rub the back of my neck. "I guess so. Well a few of us will be happier to see you than others." Yahaba says and smirks at me. "I would only assume." I smile at them. "You know, our team hasn't been the same but we hope you're still proud of us." Kindaichi says and I blush. "I'm sure I will be." I look away and I start to push the boys in the direction we need to go in. "We will see you guys on the court!" I call. We all walk away and I hear Yahaba say "Well I guess that answers your question on where Y/N went."

I clear my throat and I feel holes being burned into me by Daichi, Tanaka, Kageyama and Yamaguchi all staring at me. I look up to meet their gazes. "You know, usually it's flattering but right now it's kinda the opposite." I say and some of them blush. "Y/N.. how do you know them? And how'd they know you?" Daichi asks and my face goes red. "I used to go to school here.. I was their volleyball manager." I say and I start walking away. They all stand there for a minute in shock. Maybe I should've said something before we got here?

We walk to the 3rd gym and we all stand inside the door looking at Aoba Johsai practice. I forgot how much I missed their colors. "No way. This gym is huge. Their huge." Hinata says in shock. "All together!" Daichi calls out and we all bow and say "Thank you for having us." together. Aoba Johsai then bows at us and say "Thank you" all together. As Daichi and Suga explain members of Seijoh I look around to find Oikawa but I don't see him anywhere, I guess that makes it less awkward? As I'm looking I make eye contact with Iwa. He smiles and waves at me and I smile and wave back. Just then Tsuki blocks my view from him by standing between us. I raise my eyebrow and poke him in his side, making him jump. "Hey!" He calls out and I smirk at him.

I'm not sure what we missed but Hinata runs off and they ask where he went. "Bathroom, I think?" Yamaguchi says as he points to the exit.

The boys changed and got into their practice jerseys and began practicing as Hinata walks back in. I look at Kiyoko as she writes stuff down on her clipboard. Just then Daichi walks over and asks if we can give Hinata a few words of inspiration.. I'm not sure what that means but I guess we can try. We both walk over to stand on either side of him. "Excuse me." Kiyoko says as we get to where he is standing. We both put one of our hands on each of his shoulder and say together "Do your best!" Kiyoko's face is blank and her voice is monotoned as my voice is excited and I smile at him. Should I have been more monotoned?! It's an awkward few seconds but eventually Hinata's face explodes in red and he slouches down. Our eyes all widen as Kiyoko takes my arm and walks me back over to the bench. "Can't save them all." I say as we sit down.